Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

[OPEN] Raptor Racing Big Brake Kit Group Buy Phase 2 + New Hardline Kit for RPV

15K views 50 replies 15 participants last post by  BillyM 
#1 · (Edited)
APPROVED BY: ME
------------------------------------------------------------------
NAME: Raptor Racing
PHONE NUMBER: 416-677-5962 (Emergency only)
EMAIL: george@raptorracing.com (BEST way to contact me)
LOCATION: US orders shipping from Michigan, Canadian/International Orders shipping from Toronto
PAYMENT PREFERENCE: Paypal/Credit Card through Website
------------------------------------------------------------------

ITEM: Raptor Racing MK2 Big Brake Kit Components
GROUP BUY START DATE: September 26, 2014
GROUP BUY END DATE: October 15, 2014
NUMBER OF PARTS AVAILABLE FOR GROUP BUY: Unlimited

This is the 2nd part to the Big Brake Kit Group Buy, this group buy is for everything but the rotor/caliper adapters: Calipers, Rotors, Pads, Proportioning Valve and Residual Pressure Valve. For the first time we are also offering a Hardline Kit for the Residual Pressure Valves and also offering Porterfield Pads.

For this group buy we are only going to offer a complete kit, meaning we are not selling the individual components(except Porterfield pads) like we have in previous group buys. If you just needed something to complete your kit such as just rotors or just calipers simply go to the MK2 brake section here and order from there. IF you purchase something from there in the span of the group buy I will send you a 5% coupon for your next purchase.

Kit Details

All the details you'll need are in the specific link's here.

Just so there is no confusion: you MUST already have the caliper and rotor adapters in order for this to work.

Ordering and Payment Information*

All orders must go through the website linked above.

Canadian Customers pay sales tax calculated Automatically by the shopping cart on the site. There is NO tax for US Customers. Customers outside of USA please send me an email and ask for a shipping quote.

Notables

This kit is designed by Supra Enthusiasts for Supra Enthusiast, sales from this kit ensure that vendors like myself and Jim are always around to make and sell parts that nobody else has any interest in. We have worked very hard to make this as affordable as possible for everyone. This kit is not for everyone but for those looking for the best possible braking components for your car, you can't get much better

FAQ

For FAQ's on the whole kit please see the FAQ section on phase 1 of the group buy here.

Q: When will you start shipping
A: I will place the order for all the components as October 15th, hard to say from now but it will take about 2 weeks to get all the components shipped out…so my best guess is everything will ship out late October/early November. In order to be able to service both Canadian and US customers without any additional expenses to the customer these need to all ship to the US and I need to find 3-4 free days to head down, ship out the US orders and pick up the Canadian ones.

Q: Why aren't you offering group buy pricing on individual components such as rotors etc
A: It's very time consuming first off, the first phase of the group buy wasn't as successful as I hoped so I'm not getting any breaks (no pun intended) on the pricing for these parts. I'm offering a very small discount for customers able to buy complete kits

Q: I see you've made a kit for the RPV but I'd prefer to build my own, can you sell me just the valve as I'd like to save a few bux
A: I can, I'd rather not sell this part on my site so contact me if this is the case. We think that considering the quality of parts we are using for the line and fittings and it's all coming in a plug and play format the value of the parts is up there. But if you want to build it on your own please contact me

Paid List

See less See more
#7 ·
Wow, not much interest in this, is there? I thought people will be all over this.

Ever since I hit the brakes and the car didn't stop and went right through a red light intersection, I've wanted this kit.

For me it's one of the most exciting things on this forum.

#12 ·
Wow, not much interest in this, is there? I thought people will be all over this.
So did I, just goes to show that the numbers for these cars are getting smaller and smaller. Might not be another one of these groups buys for some time as I can't get any good pricing with low numbers.

#9 ·
You gotta lie, cheat, steal otherwise you will miss out.

I put off buying sway bars for ages then I finally bought white line adjustables, 2 weeks later they were discontinued and you can't buy them anymore. If I waited any longer I would of missed out.

I didn't want to miss out on the BBK so I'm buying them now and doing a few extra shifts at work to cover the cost.

#16 ·
Isn't that what is in this group buy?

From RR website, kit includes:

- Plated Hardware
- Wilwood Dynapro Calipers
- Choice of Pads: Wilwood BP-10, Porterfield R-4, Porterfield R-4S
- Coleman Racing Rotors
- Technafit BBK Brake Lines
- Option: Wilwood Brake Proportioning Valve ...HIGLY recommened...watch this to see why.

#11 ·
I lucked out on the whitelines too. I'm working extra shifts myself. Timing just isn't right. I will definitely buy this kit in the future... If it's still available.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

#18 · (Edited)
Even with economy coming back to neutral, MKII owners are still not mid to high class owners. Thus group buys of anything are decreasing. Even when I was poor. The thought of saving up money for a transmission or just replacement parts was surreal. Surprised more haven't bought this still, going to update paid list?

#14 ·
It doesn't matter if you want it and don't have the money. I want an Aston Martin and don't have the money for it, but i'm not at the dealership letting the sales staff know that lots of people wish we had the money. Until these cars are worth more money they will generally attract a much cheaper enthusiast than mkIV's for instance. This is a quality product at a good price, regardless of the group buy discount really. I'm going to try porterfields for the stock brakes from the other group buy for now, but if in the future with power upgrades they feel inadequate this kit will be at the top of my list.

#15 ·
Just saying everyone should lie, cheat, steal, to get it now because it might not be available later on. Even if you don't need it now, you might need it later on.

Sell some of your stuff, borrow some money, work on the corner selling your ass (jokes).

Thats what I would do / am doing. Just my opinion though.

#20 ·
Going to have to email everyone who participated in the Phase1 group buy...I'm totally cool if people bought phase 1 for the purposes of just holding them or getting the other components from elsewhere. I'm just a little worried that nobody has seen that phase 2 has been posted as there is only one day left. I'll send emails out tomorrow to all those who participated in phase 1.

#31 ·
No gift required...you just make sure to point all your friends to my site as I'm aggressively expanding the products on the site as we speak.

**UPDATE** Folks who purchased the RPV kit, I apologize but we weren't able to build these in time for me to ship with the BBK. These might take another couple of weeks, or more unfortunately. I will be contacting all the individuals who purchased this kit to ask if they are willing to wait or if they want a refund. If this is you and you are reading this feel free to respond here to save me the work of sending out the email. Please email, link to my email is below my sig.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.