Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

[OPEN] Raptor Racing - Dobinson "GROUP BUY"

12K views 38 replies 15 participants last post by  bluegoose 
#1 · (Edited)
So as some of you are aware I'm no longer "stocking" Dobinsons; meaning I will not be purchasing them by the skidload as I did in the past. The interest is just not there to justify the expense, so what I will be doing as coming on here and posting up a "Group Buy" every 6 months. Group Buy is in quotations as it's not a real group buy, you're not getting the product cheaper...you're just getting the product.

I attempted this in April and didn't get much response, so I told you guys back then we'd try every 6 months to get this going and see if people want to get their hands on any. If purchase rates are very low this time then I will simply re-attempt in 12months and not 6.

Please do note that from April to now, pricing has gone up 12% from Dobisinon and Currency differences.

As mentioned before time to Market MK2 parts is a huge minimum, I'll put it on my facebook page and share it on 1 or 2 groups. If you really need a set then I'd suggest you do your best to spread the word.

FAQ

How do I get on "the list"

There is only one way: purchasing from the site.

Can I send partial Payment and then pay the rest when they arrive

Partial payments are a paperwork nightmare, so yes is the answer but there is a $25 premium for this option. If you don't pay the remainder when I'm shipping the rest out there will be another $25 added to your bill. Yup...that's steep and ridiculous...kind of shows you how much I love partial payments:duh:

How Many People Need to Purchase in Order for this to Go Through

30, If we don't get 30 this either won't work or the remaining people will pay more. Those who have purchased if we don't hit 30 will get their funds IMMEDIATELY refunded.

When is the payment Deadline

November 11, 2017

How Long will it take after the Deadline

No Less than 3 Month, possibly 4 on a worst case scenario.

Can I change my mind after the Order is placed

100% Not an option, you'll have to find someone else to take your place

Is Shipping Included

No, the site will calculate shipping fees to your location.

I don't see what I want on the site, Can you get anything else from Dobinson

Yes we can get anything that Dobinson offers, please email (aka do NOT PM me)

Will you be Stocking Any so I can purchase Later

Not sure but pricing once they are in stock will go up another 12% if I do.

Participants

1. Michael P - C59070
2. Brian H - C59065
3. Michael P(WA) - C59059; C59070
4. Benjamin L - C59070; c59059
5. William B - C59070
6. Jose A - C59063
7. Tracy L - C59070, C59059
8. Tim M - C59065
9. Richard E - C59063
10. Dean L - C59065
11. Mike R. - C59070; C59065
Total Sold = 14 Total Remaining = 16

See less See more
#7 ·
Absolutely loving the 300lb rear springs. Grip is fantastic.

#13 ·
Ok...some good news. Dobinson Australia has approved me getting these with the US Distributor, doesn't change anything for timeline...just means I won't be refunding everyone's order. This is going ahead, I will also be placing a very small order for stocking these but probably no more than 5-6 sets.

Next update will not be till at least the beginning of March, please don't ask for an update before then as if I haven't posted on here that means they're in the middle of the Pacific (hopefully not at the bottom:zzzzz:)

#19 ·
No they are not available but Dobinson hasn't shipped out yet as they have a few very large orders that had to go in before mine, they are almost done and will be shipping very shortly. If you wanted in you'd have to purchase off the site ASAP. Same rules apply, you order now and won't see them for a little bit till the swim accross the pacific and make it to North America.

#20 ·
Hey guys;

just wanted to update you, we were expecting these end of March but found out this is going to be delayed. I apologize but this is totally beyond my control, ideally was the reason I used to buy 1-2 skids at a time but unfortunately that's just not an option anymore. I will update again as soon as I have more information.

#22 ·
Hey guys;

I do realize this is taking a LOT longer than I guessed, sometimes I get these cross pacific shipments right...sometimes wrong. Other than "in the middle of the pacific" or "on it's way" I really don't have an update. From the point that it leaves Dobinson till they are actually on the truck ready to ship to me there's a HUGE gap in the shipping. This is really by design in order to keep the costs down, every shipping option is always "slowest/cheapest way possible".

I'm very sorry that spring is here and we don't have the shipment, but you guys know me: i may be late but I will get these to you.

Any questions PLEASE email me, unfortunately things are crazy (in a good way) which really doesn't allow me the luxury to be on here at all.

Thanks again for your patience all!!

#26 ·
Gents;

believe me this is more of a nightmare for me than any of you. The only update that I have is that our container (which obviously has more than just our springs) has encountered 'undisclosed' delays. I have been assured that the shipment is safe and intact but not getting many more details. Those that know me know this is probably the 10th overseas order I've done and this is the ONLY time we've had issues. I really can't apologize enough, I'm really trying here to get them out of that container and onto a transport but whatever is going on they aren't telling me much...other than 'it will be released shortly'.

#27 ·
WOW...the day has finally come. I can NOT apologize enough, but we finally are ready to ship these out in the next week. It will just take us a little to go through the order and make sure all is well and prep everything for shipping. I don't want to end up being wrong but we might be able to start shipping these this week, if not next week.

If there are any changes either way I will post up here and let everyone know.

Again thanks so much for being so patient as this was just stupid long :(...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.