Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

[OPEN] Raptor Racing - Dobinson "GROUP BUY"

12K views 38 replies 15 participants last post by  bluegoose 
#1 · (Edited)
So as some of you are aware I'm no longer "stocking" Dobinsons; meaning I will not be purchasing them by the skidload as I did in the past. The interest is just not there to justify the expense, so what I will be doing as coming on here and posting up a "Group Buy" every 6 months. Group Buy is in quotations as it's not a real group buy, you're not getting the product cheaper...you're just getting the product.

I attempted this in April and didn't get much response, so I told you guys back then we'd try every 6 months to get this going and see if people want to get their hands on any. If purchase rates are very low this time then I will simply re-attempt in 12months and not 6.

Please do note that from April to now, pricing has gone up 12% from Dobisinon and Currency differences.

As mentioned before time to Market MK2 parts is a huge minimum, I'll put it on my facebook page and share it on 1 or 2 groups. If you really need a set then I'd suggest you do your best to spread the word.

FAQ

How do I get on "the list"

There is only one way: purchasing from the site.

Can I send partial Payment and then pay the rest when they arrive

Partial payments are a paperwork nightmare, so yes is the answer but there is a $25 premium for this option. If you don't pay the remainder when I'm shipping the rest out there will be another $25 added to your bill. Yup...that's steep and ridiculous...kind of shows you how much I love partial payments:duh:

How Many People Need to Purchase in Order for this to Go Through

30, If we don't get 30 this either won't work or the remaining people will pay more. Those who have purchased if we don't hit 30 will get their funds IMMEDIATELY refunded.

When is the payment Deadline

November 11, 2017

How Long will it take after the Deadline

No Less than 3 Month, possibly 4 on a worst case scenario.

Can I change my mind after the Order is placed

100% Not an option, you'll have to find someone else to take your place

Is Shipping Included

No, the site will calculate shipping fees to your location.

I don't see what I want on the site, Can you get anything else from Dobinson

Yes we can get anything that Dobinson offers, please email (aka do NOT PM me)

Will you be Stocking Any so I can purchase Later

Not sure but pricing once they are in stock will go up another 12% if I do.

Participants

1. Michael P - C59070
2. Brian H - C59065
3. Michael P(WA) - C59059; C59070
4. Benjamin L - C59070; c59059
5. William B - C59070
6. Jose A - C59063
7. Tracy L - C59070, C59059
8. Tim M - C59065
9. Richard E - C59063
10. Dean L - C59065
11. Mike R. - C59070; C59065
Total Sold = 14 Total Remaining = 16

See less See more
#33 ·
Sigh!! Gentlemen!! Nothing in this shipment has gone smooth and not even the pick up for the parts. The tracking number for the YRC shipment indicated "delivered" to my NY storage on the 30th. I rented a truck and drove down to NY to manage the shipment only to find it wasn't here. We paid for tailgate service but they sent it without a tailgate so it had to go back to the depot but the driver marked it delivered.

Delivery can't be re-attempted for a couple of days. The issue here gents is that the parts are in the US and I'm obviously in Canada, my trips to the US are only every couple of weeks as it takes a whole day out of my time.

While I realize this story sounds dumb I encourage any of you to email the sales rep who will confirm that YRC f'd up BIG time. I wasted 6 hours of my day today going to NY plus gas, vehicle rental etc. Anyway, he can be reached at: David@dobinsonusa.com

Best guess on delivery is not before August 15th, I will do my best to make it sooner. I'm very sorry for this guys :32:

#34 ·
Sigh!! Gentlemen!! Nothing in this shipment has gone smooth and not even the pick up for the parts. The tracking number for the YRC shipment indicated "delivered" to my NY storage on the 30th. I rented a truck and drove down to NY to manage the shipment only to find it wasn't here. We paid for tailgate service but they sent it without a tailgate so it had to go back to the depot.

Delivery can't be re-attempted for a couple of days. The issue here gents is that the parts are in the US and I'm obviously in Canada, my trips to the US are only every couple of weeks as it takes a whole day out of my time.

While I realize this story sounds dumb I encourage any of you to email the sales rep who will confirm that YRC f'd up BIG time. I wasted 6 hours of my day today going to NY plus gas, vehicle rental etc. Anyway, he can be reached at: mailto:David@dobinsonusa.com

Best guess on delivery is not before August 15th

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.