Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
Hey guys;

I do realize this is taking a LOT longer than I guessed, sometimes I get these cross pacific shipments right...sometimes wrong. Other than "in the middle of the pacific" or "on it's way" I really don't have an update. From the point that it leaves Dobinson till they are actually on the truck ready to ship to me there's a HUGE gap in the shipping. This is really by design in order to keep the costs down, every shipping option is always "slowest/cheapest way possible".

I'm very sorry that spring is here and we don't have the shipment, but you guys know me: i may be late but I will get these to you.

Any questions PLEASE email me, unfortunately things are crazy (in a good way) which really doesn't allow me the luxury to be on here at all.

Thanks again for your patience all!!

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Gents;

believe me this is more of a nightmare for me than any of you. The only update that I have is that our container (which obviously has more than just our springs) has encountered 'undisclosed' delays. I have been assured that the shipment is safe and intact but not getting many more details. Those that know me know this is probably the 10th overseas order I've done and this is the ONLY time we've had issues. I really can't apologize enough, I'm really trying here to get them out of that container and onto a transport but whatever is going on they aren't telling me much...other than 'it will be released shortly'.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
WOW...the day has finally come. I can NOT apologize enough, but we finally are ready to ship these out in the next week. It will just take us a little to go through the order and make sure all is well and prep everything for shipping. I don't want to end up being wrong but we might be able to start shipping these this week, if not next week.

If there are any changes either way I will post up here and let everyone know.

Again thanks so much for being so patient as this was just stupid long :(...

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Sigh!! Gentlemen!! Nothing in this shipment has gone smooth and not even the pick up for the parts. The tracking number for the YRC shipment indicated "delivered" to my NY storage on the 30th. I rented a truck and drove down to NY to manage the shipment only to find it wasn't here. We paid for tailgate service but they sent it without a tailgate so it had to go back to the depot but the driver marked it delivered.

Delivery can't be re-attempted for a couple of days. The issue here gents is that the parts are in the US and I'm obviously in Canada, my trips to the US are only every couple of weeks as it takes a whole day out of my time.

While I realize this story sounds dumb I encourage any of you to email the sales rep who will confirm that YRC f'd up BIG time. I wasted 6 hours of my day today going to NY plus gas, vehicle rental etc. Anyway, he can be reached at: David@dobinsonusa.com

Best guess on delivery is not before August 15th, I will do my best to make it sooner. I'm very sorry for this guys :32:

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Sigh!! Gentlemen!! Nothing in this shipment has gone smooth and not even the pick up for the parts. The tracking number for the YRC shipment indicated "delivered" to my NY storage on the 30th. I rented a truck and drove down to NY to manage the shipment only to find it wasn't here. We paid for tailgate service but they sent it without a tailgate so it had to go back to the depot.

Delivery can't be re-attempted for a couple of days. The issue here gents is that the parts are in the US and I'm obviously in Canada, my trips to the US are only every couple of weeks as it takes a whole day out of my time.

While I realize this story sounds dumb I encourage any of you to email the sales rep who will confirm that YRC f'd up BIG time. I wasted 6 hours of my day today going to NY plus gas, vehicle rental etc. Anyway, he can be reached at: mailto:David@dobinsonusa.com

Best guess on delivery is not before August 15th

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.