Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

[OPEN] Raptor Racing Group Buy: Rear Hatch Glass Seals

7K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  RaptorRacing 
#1 · (Edited)
Folks;

I'm not going to take the time to do a detailed write up, you all know what these are if not click here:

US Customers: http://raptorracing.com/toyota/mkii...rior/raptor-racing-hatch-glass-seal-mk2-supra
Canadian Customers: http://raptorracing.ca/toyota/mkii-...rior/raptor-racing-hatch-glass-seal-mk2-supra

I'm 100% out of these and have had some folks express interest now that they are seeing my stock on some of these parts depleting. When I built them last time I ordered 100, close to 40 sold for the group buy and it took 4 years to sell the remaining 60 so 15/year roughly.

I'm NOT going to be buying more than 2-3 to stock and I'm 100% sure we won't sell 100 and that's the only way to get them for $199. I've updated the site with the new price, I need at least 15 sold for $250USD shipped. If I don't have 15 it will be more for those that still want them.

If I dont' get 15 I'm not 100% sure I will ever be able to make them again, I've seen it before: manufacturer's discontinue parts/throw away jigs/molds with no notice.

This is the only way I'm going to build new stuff for MK2 going forward more than likely, if there is no interest with people willing to pay and wait then it wont' be built. I know it's not awesome but better than it not being done at all.

FAQ
How do you get in on this: buy one off the site linked above.

When will the group buy "close": June 24th is the last day I will take payment for these. If we have the numbers I'll place the order, if I don't I'll refund everyone's money

How long will it take after June 24th?: No less than 2 month, that's as detailed as I can get

What happens if we don't get 15: 1 of 2 things...everyone gets their money back or eveyrone who is still in will have to pay a little bit more. How much more? No idea so lets hope we get 15

If you don't get 15 will you ever build these again: I can try but next attempt will be Summer 2018.

I'm going to try to post this up on facebook where i can but share/share/share if you want/need this done!

Who's Paid:

1. Andrew W
2. Jason P.
3. Maxime T
4. Paul A.
5. Michel B
6. Dean L.
7. Jesse B.
8. Kit P

See less See more
#4 ·
I got one of his last ones during the CF hatch group buy. Has many miles on it, lots in the rain, never leaked, easy install, can't say enough good things about it. If it is getting down to the wire and there aren't enough i might hop in and buy another, but honestly this thing should last another 20 years if well cared for.

#5 ·
Should be able to come up with the payment before the 24th hopefully. Is it possible to still do half payments for group buys?

#6 ·
Yes but it does increase my workload so I can't do it: half now half when it ships. If you want to do half now half by next month +3%. If you don't pay by July 24th I have to ding you for a "time" fee as it's always so time consuming when I do half/half and time isn't on my side lately. Fire me off an email if you want and we discuss this option.

FYI...1/2 payments don't count to the numbers and can only do this for 2-3 people tops.

#16 ·
Hey guys;

sorry for the late reply/lack of updates. So we had some AWESOME news as they made it in, unfortunately one of the boxes was missing 10 units as there was a hole in the box :(.

Give me a couple of days to see what's the next step, don't worry...you guys know me one way or another you'll get your parts even if I get no funds from insurance...just please give me a little time to deal with this :(.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.