Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts
I've never had one of these on any car I've ever owned, so pardon the Dumb Question......

Can you really feel a difference with these installed?

Jim
Jim,

I can only speak for myself when I say that the difference is negligible. I can't honestly say that I feel anything. BUT, it's a beautiful piece of jewelry.

If I could find a Whiteline Rear Sway Bar on planet Earth, I'm sure that would have results that could be felt, but alas, I don't think the strut bar does much of anything except dress up the interior and look nice.

I don't regret getting it though. I like it A LOT!

-Brian

The strut bar is more for frame rigidity. Helping to keep the vehicle from flexing under extreme weight transfer. Someone who pushes their car quite hard will find more benifit.

Over time cars begin to sag and the body shifts. The more support you have the less this happens. So it's really a good buy for anyone looking to either push the car, or simply keep the car in as good of shape as it is now.

A great looking piece only adds more reason to buy.

-Dustin-

Oh, I know exactly what they're for, and how they work. Being an Old Fart, I remember when Shelby would put their "Export Brace" on the early Mustangs. Herb Adams from VSE sold a really neat pair of braces that bolted on to the cowl, and the other end went down to the upper control arm mount on 2nd Gen GM F-Bodies, and pretty much eliminated the front subframe deflection when cornering hard. I had those, and some solid body mounts, on the '73 Trans Am I used to autocross and solo.

I definitely noticed a difference with the braces and solid body mounts, even when running on street tires.

I was just curious if you feel any difference in the Mark-II chassis. Considering they were designed a LOT later than Gen 1 Mustangs and Gen 2 F-bodies, and probably had some computer analysis of the chassis, I'm sure they're a lot stiffer than the earlier cars I mentioned.

Jim

Anyone else running bone stock intake piping and having an issue with fitment? Maybe i'm a bonehead, ok well i am a bonehead, but maybe i'm being dumb here in particular so feel free to enlighten me. I'm hitting the vent hose, and it is rock hard and old so i can't just shove it out of the way. If i get a new one will it be pliable enough to cram it out of the way(part # 12261-43010 for like $15)? Maybe i could tie a new hose to the intake so it wouldn't hit the brace? Am i doing something dumb?

Anyone else running bone stock intake piping and having an issue with fitment? Maybe i'm a bonehead, ok well i am a bonehead, but maybe i'm being dumb here in particular so feel free to enlighten me. I'm hitting the vent hose, and it is rock hard and old so i can't just shove it out of the way.
I hit that hose too, but mine was changed recently and just got pushed out of the way when I bolted it down.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

...I was just curious if you feel any difference in the Mark-II chassis.
I put it thru some serious paces and def noticed a difference, esp when going thru some off camber twisties on a triple roundabout at speed.
I couldn't hold those lines prior to mounting the strut bar. :eek4dance:

Anyone else running bone stock intake piping and having an issue with fitment? ...
At first the bar sat too low and rubbed that intake hose. With '82 having a vacuum valve sticking up out of the EFI, it also made contact.

Then I made a couple of spacers to test fitment. Mitch followed up by supplying a matching set, fits perfectly now :thumbsup:

Easy enough to cut a set from 1/4 - 3/8 aluminum, but after install and you still need some spacers, I can send you a couple.

Anyone have some trouble on the rear bar? I put mine on but now my rear seats need some "persuasion" to properly lock in place. Seems like the latch is now too high up but putting a washer under the rear bolt will angle it back down. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

funny mine from this group buy are still sitting in my barn in original packaging, never opened even!

Reactions: 1982 Dragon
81 - 99 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.