Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm about to lay down the dough to buy myself a set of 4 Drag rims for the L-type. I'm going to get a set of 15's, black with a machined face. What do you guys think of them? For the cheap price from Discount tire direct, I'd be almost crazy to not grab 4 for less than $400.00 shipped to my door, with lug nuts and valve stems included. What do you guys/girl think of these? Would 15's be a pretty appropriate size according to tire availability? Would the machined face look descent, or should I just leave the centers entirely black with the machined lip?

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?bp=4-114.3&pc=48698&counter=3&wd=15&rw=7

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
I like that style rim and think it would great on your black ltype.

Tire availability in 15 isnt too much better than 14s for bigger/performance tires
but you can get 225/60 tires fairly cheap...search around (and let me know what you find, im looking into some 15's aswell)

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I like the rims, just still mad that they do not make them in a 16" with the right offset/bolt pattern.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
id opt for 16's personally. i kinda like the wheel, but im not crazy about it. i think i would go for konig rewinds. a little more money, but i think they would look good on your car.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking about Rewinds, but it seems that everyone has those, or xxr's. I'm just looking for something that isn't turning into a trend.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
im kinda up in the air on the drag wheels. i think they might be a little to 'busy' for my tastes. not a bad looking wheel though. id probably go for a gunmetal color of they have it though.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Do keep in mind that you won't be able to upgrade your brakes if you get a 15" wheel.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Do keep in mind that you won't be able to upgrade your brakes if you get a 15" wheel.

Except for the very cost effective Q45/mpv swap....

15s aren't bad. WAY better than 14s for tires. You just don't have many options wider than 225s.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got my check today. I have enough money left over to order them, so now they will become mine. What are your thoughts on this: Black center and polished lip, or polished lip and face with the black accents in the center?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I just dont see the point in getting 15x7s since its not really an upgrade so I would still be looking for atleast 16x8s for a better long term tire selection and wider tire.
Did you get the $50 rebate as well? If so, $330 shipped isnt bad tho.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, I got the $50.00 rebate as well. They would have been here in a 5-6 days, but they were out, and had to order my set from Drag. I don't mind 15x7's, I'm just looking to get rid of the stock rims, and get something that will be different, and match the new paint well when it gets here. Out of the 3 mkII Supras I've owned over the past 4 years, this is the first one that gets different rims. As for tires, I'm looking at Falken Ziex ZE-512's in 225/60/15. I can get them for $269.00 with free shipping.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Good job on going for what you want, an l-type w/foha and drags.... Please post pics when its looking prime.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
Nice shoes. I'd suggest 225/50/15s or 205/60/15s though....and don't get kumho ecsta ASTs. They absolutely blow. Those falkens are pretty decent for a higher treadwear tire.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts