Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a mk3 with a blown 7mgte for my parts car. I found one that doesnt run and has actually a descent body too. The guy wants $600 for the whole car and everything, I am going to offer less. I was wondering if you thinks people that this is a good deal? :thumbsup: or :SM130 (1):

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I think $600 for a whole car is a great deal. It has the tranny too? I paid $2300 for my cut JDM front end. Do I need to say more?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sell the MKII and fix the MKIII.

:D

Very cheap, but I would suggest in refreshing the engine first.

Duane

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
deff pick up the whole car and dont sell anything off it untill ur mk2 is running with a 7mgte power plant. then u can make some of ur money back by parting out the mk3. there are alot of handy items u can use off the donar car that u wont think of at first.

take that from real world experience.

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Yes... when parting the mk3 you end up pulling out lots of the following...

I don't suggest transplanting into your mk2, it's not needed, but the mk3 guys are always down for a little more.

--billyM

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
:zzzzz::laugh::rolleyes::facesjump:thumbsup:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Yes... when parting the mk3 you end up pulling out lots of the following...

I don't suggest transplanting into your mk2, it's not needed, but the mk3 guys are always down for a little more.

--billyM

LOL That's what will make the car. Funny how this section has 7M in it. Hahaha OWNED!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I think its a great deal too, and the guy said all it needs to actually get it running is a few gaskets and minor engine work, prob. the head gasket. If I can fix it cheaply I'll drive it for a little bit, until I get my :censored: wiring harness back . But I'm all ooooh and ahhhh about it. The only thing about it is it's a automatic. But that's not my concern.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think $600 for a whole car is a great deal. It has the tranny too? I paid $2300 for my cut JDM front end. Do I need to say more?

I wish I wouldve found this earlier because I paid $2100 for my JDM engine and it was missing lots of wiring and Intercooler set up and few knick knacks so I know what you are saying man, And since I bought it I have bought like $1500 worth of nice new shit for it

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sell the MKII and fix the MKIII.

:D

Very cheap, but I would suggest in refreshing the engine first.

Duane
:dj_smiley
thought that lil smily was funny, never seen this smiley ^^^ so I thought I would post it

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wanted to update ya'll

I bought the mk3, we are rebuilding the head, it had 4 bent valves and warped surface. The car is really pretty body wise, needs front nose piece, rest is awesome. needs few inserts on the leather, Targa Top good. The car is nice. Also MY WIRING HARNESS IS ON THE WAY FOR MY MK2!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dj_smiley ive been waiting for quite awhile. So my mk2 and mk3 7mgte's will be at the meet June next year. I am so excited I could fuck a prostitute....but I wont cause I'm married :zzzzz:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts