Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So these wheels popped up on my local craigslist.

they are 16x8 with a +12 offset.
Come with two 245 50 16
and two 225 55 16

I am looking into new wheels for visual upgrade only really. I have no need for huge fat performance tires. I just want a nice sharp looking wheel with better tire selection than 14.

I just dont know about the style/design. The guy said I am more than welcome to slap 2 of them on to see what they look like.

what do you gues think?? worth the time/effort??

·
Registered
348 Posts
Our body lines are logical and geometric. I don't think these rims would flow well with the MKII. I'd keep searching.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Depends on price, if you are getting the smoking good deal then I'd go for it to get out of stock and then you can always get something else later when the time and/or money is right.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well see the thing is, is right now the money is right. I could buy most any rim I want, but I dont want to dump all of it right now, as I would rather do other things (suspension, IC piping, etc).

And I doubt I will come into this kind of money again any time soon (sold a vehicle).
The price is pretty good on these as the tires are in good shape as well.

I just dont know about the style. I know they look good on the late 80's 300zx which is kinda similar to our cars but on a slightly more rounded scale....
IDK tho...need more opinions.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nah, If I am gonna go with the spoke style rim I will be dropping the coin on the rims I really want.

p45r 17x9 with +12. But that setup with tires will run me 1200 or so.
I think I can get the rims and tires posted above for 300..

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Those wheels no looky good on a MkII Scotty...keep looking/saving bro +12 is more of an L-type offset anyways

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
maybe in a 16x8...

but I have been talking with a few members about the 17x9 with +12 P45rs and its decided they should look and fit great.

I will probably just wait till I want to drop the coin on a new set of p45r.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
i bought mine for a $100
keep searching
those wheels look horriable imo

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
I'd rock the piss out of the first set you posted. Bet they would look yummy on my L-type. Wouldn't look good on my P-type though.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
theyre fugly in my opinion, plus those tires are a little tall and your car already has 4x4 status, lol.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Didn't member Charles Q have those same rims on his Supra? His Supra is even red, so you could get a pretty good idea about what it would look like by searching his posts.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
I hate those rims. they looks like they belong on a mini truck...like an old mazda B2000 or something....and they'd look like crap on that, too!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts