Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a Supra turbo exhaust manifold, ct26, and dettached elbow w/O2 sensor on ebay reportedly from an '89 with 90kmiles on it. Couple of pics and guy wrote that it has small shaft play and very good condition.
Buy it now: $250 plus $14.50 Shipping. Or best offer.
I offered $150, figuring that I see manifolds usually for $35 to $70 and ct26 turboes for anywhere from $75 and up to $250. $164 shipped to my door seems pretty good to me - I've found better and worse deals before. I was actually considering offering $135.50 to make it an even $150 offer.
I won it. Cool, I like to keep a spare on hand.
Anyway, I get a message today:
"hey i dont know what went wrong when i put everything into ebay but the shipping was way more than the 15 that they put!! I wanted to know if you would please send 20 more for the shipping and i will put the rest!! Im very sorry for the mix up! I can send you a bill through paypal if its ok. The shipping total was $43 and i can send proff if needed!!!"

I haven't replied yet - would like some opinions first.

·
Registered
464 Posts
sounds reasonable to me... or the guy might be lookin for 20 extra bucks...but i would prolly do it.

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
David, sounds reasonable to me especially given the weight. The Post Office rates are very high compared to UPS or Fedex for larger items, they also measure the box as well and add postage accordingly, where they never did that previously,,,

When I ship I only use the Post Office for PO Boxes and less than 2lbs as I have a UPS and Fedex accounts...dont sweat it...

I saw a Supra turbo exhaust manifold, ct26, and dettached elbow w/O2 sensor on ebay reportedly from an '89 with 90kmiles on it. Couple of pics and guy wrote that it has small shaft play and very good condition.
Buy it now: $250 plus $14.50 Shipping. Or best offer.
I offered $150, figuring that I see manifolds usually for $35 to $70 and ct26 turboes for anywhere from $75 and up to $250. $164 shipped to my door seems pretty good to me - I've found better and worse deals before. I was actually considering offering $135.50 to make it an even $150 offer.
I won it. Cool, I like to keep a spare on hand.
Anyway, I get a message today:
"hey i dont know what went wrong when i put everything into ebay but the shipping was way more than the 15 that they put!! I wanted to know if you would please send 20 more for the shipping and i will put the rest!! Im very sorry for the mix up! I can send you a bill through paypal if its ok. The shipping total was $43 and i can send proff if needed!!!"

I haven't replied yet - would like some opinions first.

·
Super Moderator
8,564 Posts
I'd have him take it to Fedex and ship it there. If its USPS they are only cost competitive on letters and stuff that fits in priority mail boxes. Plus Fedex or UPS will actually get your package to you

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Seems reasonable - I'd prolly still do it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ask him to prove it just because he has crappy spelling and grammer.

But it's definitely reasonable, shipping things isn't cheap. I just had a custom bellhouse shipped, $100. Shipping was so much that the seller just gave me the item for the cost of shipping it, wicked deal for sure.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
hes right. no matter what shipper you use, your not shipping a manifold, turbo, and elbows for $15. i think i paid around $35 to have just a turbo shipped. sounds fair to me.

·
Registered
555 Posts
It would be "nice of you" to send more money but, if the seller/shipper put in the amount that shipping would cost, prior to the sale, it is part of the deal. If he didn't know the cost of shipping the sale item he should have done a little leg work before the sale. You can do what ever you want but, would you have done it if the "real shipping" price was given? E-bay will stand behind you if in the auction/deal it was stated as $15.00 for shipping. What would he have said if you wrote and said "I am sorry, I don't actually have that much money can you take $20.00 off of the price I told you I would pay and I will send you the rest"

Bust a deal...face the wheel

·
Premium Member
5,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I went ahead and paypalled another $20 to him Monday evening, nice guy that I am. It all arrived today via UPS! Two days from upstate NY to WI. Not bad. The turbo appears to be in xlnt shape, the manifold, too. All's well that ends well.

·
Registered
837 Posts
i definitely don't think he is lying. i paid $20 for shipping on a ct26 alone..... i would do it. hell it's only an extra $20 anyhow, its not like hes asking for another $100

1 - 12 of 12 Posts