Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, got a few quotes to fix my MK1 fuel tank which i off the car now, and am quite in shock... Shops are asking more than 400$ to restore. Found some brand new tanks on the surplus market, but they cost more than 450$ plus shipping. Does anybody knows about cheaper options other than patching my tank with putty.... I am thinking about tank from another car model that might fit our cars?? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

·
MGSS Afflicted
164 Posts
I don't know of any more common (and thus less expensive) options. Of course, a RA4X from a Celica GT would work, but they are just as old and difficult to find as the MA4X. Perhaps ask the guys in our group on FB, many of whom are not members here
https://www.facebook.com/groups/firstgenerationsupraowners/

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sometimes when im in a pickle i find a stroll through the old junkyard stimulates the noggin - its just a steel box held up with straps right? But also consider doing a resto yourself - i got a tank patched in calgary once - the guy didnt even drain it - he just heated the seam with an iron and filled it with lead I think. That and a bottle of tank interior sealer and you should be good. Whats the trouble? Leaky or rusted inside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts