Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out the Crutchfield catalog. They seem to have some good deals on inexpensive steros (I just need to replace the cranky old factory stereo; the speakers keep fading in & out, I feeel like my ears are popping all the time in there. Plus the tape deck is dead). Really don't want to spend more than $150 or so.
Their pricing includes all neccesary wires harnesses, etc, and I think the case with the open box for the double-din space in the dash.
Anyone have any experience with them, and advice for me?

Thanks,
Keith

·
Registered
202 Posts
What are you exactly looking to do? Get a full double DIN cd player? Or just a single DIN and fill it with a pocket or such? Are you looking for good sound? Or just something to give you sound for the cheapest you can get it? Give me some info :?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Crutchfield has some decent deals and good customer service... however George (Henge) turned me on to some other places with prices that are incredible... give him a listen ;)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Crutchfield is great, I got my Sony Head from them a couple of years ago, it came WITH a metra harness.
thezeb.com is also very good. They have some awesome prices, i've got my 2 10" Orions and my Amp from them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Henge said:
What are you exactly looking to do? Get a full double DIN cd player? Or just a single DIN and fill it with a pocket or such? Are you looking for good sound? Or just something to give you sound for the cheapest you can get it? Give me some info :?
Right now my stereo is absolute crap. I'm looking for a single DIN with a pocket, and easy install & price are a huge factor. the Supra is the 3rd car we have, and lowest on the priority list for spending $$$. After replacing the brakes, fixing the oil leak, and 4new tires, This whole "having a child"-thing tends to eat up any extra cash lying around. Just want to be able to play my Clash CD's while driving.....is that so wrong?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have ordered at least 8 car stereos, 1 amp, and more car speakers than I can think of from Crutchfield. I know there are cheaper places out there, but their combination of price/selection & service keeps me coming back. I have never had any trouble returning or exchanging items. They have been extreemly "no hassle" in my experience. Their adapter harneses' make the install process very easy, and I have even asked them for items such as the factory mounting brackets that got removed by a previous owner on one car. Crutchfield had the brackets and sent them for free with my order. And in case you are wondering, no I do not work for Crutchfield.

As for your stereo choice, Jensen makes a single disc MP3 player for well under $200. If you want MP3 capability, it is not a bad choice.

·
Registered
202 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts