Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its not a Supra, but I need some helpo with my bike. I was changing out the spark plugs on my bike yesterday and the center two cylinders are a bit of a pain to get to. Well, when I walked away for a bathroom break, my buddy said he would get the center two while I took care of business for a minute...

Well, when I come back, He looks at me and says "Umm..I think I screwed up.." He figured it would be easier to get at the center two plugs if some of the hoses and wires were out of the way. Two of those hoses happened to be hooked to the cooling jackets in the block, and as such, are filled with coolant... Well, when he pulled the hose off, the anti-freeze came bubbling out and ran down into the 2 cylinders that had the plugs out already. I pulled the oil plug ysterday afternoon, thinking it would just slowly drain down thru, but this morning they are still just every bit as full as they were (just found out that the motor has gapless rings... ) I was thinkin that a shop vac I could just suck it out.... but my question is this. Aside from hydrolock, is there anything else I have to worry about?

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Bob,suck it out,use a bit of oil to re-lube,fire it up.Shouldn't be a problem.I have flushed entire engines with water "right down the oil fill-out the drain plug--don't ask :roll: " and not had a problem.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Shawn. Sounds like a story that needs to be told over a cold one... lol.

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Gapless rings in a motorcycle engine! Hmmm, let me guess, Honda or Kawasaki? CBR or Ninja ZX-? :)
You might try attaching a piece of small 3/8" copper tubing to the end of your shop-vac hose so you can get inside the cylinders.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heh...great guesses Dave! 1994 Kawasaki ZX-6R. Had her since she had 300 miles on her... Last owner got scared by a near crash at 90 mph, and sold it the next day. She's now got 8300 miles on her, and shes almost ready for another season of riding after 4 years of being away or medically unable to ride... :)

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Those two-wheeled monsters scare the heck out of me just to look at them! :shock: Have you seen the 2003 Honda CBR and Kawasaki ZX models? Quad throttle bodies, Electronic Fuel Injection, and a complete fuel management system. More peak torque and HP than the 1.6L 4A-C 4-cyl. engine in my Corolla. 15,500 RPM redline! That's insane :!:

·
Registered
351 Posts
shouldnt be too big a deal, leave the plugs off and crank (kick) it over a few times, will spit the water out. spray some WD40 or some such in there, put it back together and go. happens to us wheelers when we get our intake below the water line (oops! hasn't happened to me yet but I'm prepared for when it does).

·
Registered
351 Posts
Dave A. said:
and a complete fuel management system.
not a bad way to spend ten thousand dollars :D.

sorry couldn't help it :D

·
Registered
4,871 Posts
Of course, the engine in my little Corolla isn't exactly anything to brag about! :? But still, for what those bikes weigh they sure pack a lot of go power! 13.1:1 compression ratio.....on a bike engine! Hey William B., here's the engine you need for that go-kart you've been wanting to build. LOL!!!!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know what ya mean Dave.... I look at them and drool... Tho, even for being 9 years old, my bike still moves. 12.5K redline, quad carbs, 13-ish:1 compression (I forget the exact number..but its somewhere in the 12.8 to 13.3 range) and lightweight (600 pounds, full tank of gas and my big ass in the saddle) When I had the Vance and Himes Pipe and the carbs jetted for it, she dynoed 98 rwhp and 102 rwft/lbs. Back on the stock exhaust right now because someone stole the pipe from it in the mall parking lot the last season I rode it before I joined the Marines... but I expect to do better with the new pipe I am putting on there.

I rode a 2002 ZX-11... What a straight line demon! She was kinda heavy and piggish in the turns, but man, you jump on her, and short of being in 4th or 5th gear, the front end is comin up on ya!! I'm thinking of maybe trying to fit a newer fuel injected motor on my frame, just for the added driveability... but thats down the road a year or two..

As for a go-kart motor... I have the perfect motor for that... 1985 Kawasaki GPz 750 Turbo... dunno what turbo it is, but its fully spooled at 2700 rpm's with 10 PSI. Bone stock in 85 they were over 100 hp and torque... On a Kart frame, this thing would haul more ass then most people would have stones to try...

Oh, and Sam... your new name is Sam Diesel. :wink:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nothing less than 93 octaine... I'll push it before I even think of sticking a drop of even 92 octaine into her... not worth the aggrivation. She sputters and bucks and just runs like crap under 5K rpms with the lower octaine... and then when she smooths out at like 5500, she picks up so hard and fast that your left scrambling to keep it under control...

Usually its 94 or even 104 when I can get it... I'm gonna get the carb re-jetted again after the new pipe and tell em to keep her running a bit rich, so maybe she won't be so sensitive.. but I am not real hopeful on that helping all that much honestly... Fore the mileage I get on her, I'm really not all that concerned about the price of the fuel... a tank (I tihnk its around 5 or 6 gallons) generally gets me about 180 miles if I stay out of her and just cruise... MUCH less when I am running hard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts