Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mark,

I'm evaluating what to do with my LX450 after hearing from the machinist looking at my 1FZFE. What's the absolute best-ridiculous price you can obtain on a shortblock for a 97 landcruiser/LX450?

-Dean

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Considering they have about 50% more metal in them, it's not that bad... no, there's no way to deny how ridiculously expensive that is.

Wouldn't happen to know the shipping weight and/or dimensions on that would you? If I went this route, I'd figure out a way to get it picked up from you and across the border, but shipping it the final 1000 miles is the real kicker.

Thanks for the quick response!

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
No prob Dean! I'd figure this would entail Seamus in some sort of way. My girlfriend lives north of Everett, WA, so meeting him up in Blaine or Bellingham would be a no brainer. I have no idea on the weight of that thing...but the 2JZGTE is about 120 lbs. if memory serves me correct. I may have to go home and double check that...I have a dead one sitting in the garage in the Toyota package...it'll tell me at least how much they weigh. GL with the LX!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 2JZ isn't even close then... I've heard rumblings of 500lb longblocks.

Looks like rebuilding what I've got still far outweighs getting a new one. If I'm smart I'll be in touch this summer to complete that supra order I asked you about... a year ago? two years ago? lol. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts