Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my guage cluster is all kinds of mucked up and to top it off my 85 L-type has a history of overheating. I had it fixed at a trustworthy shop so it shouldnt overheat but now I am paranoid. So my question is this: What are the warning signs of a car overheating before the steam comes pouring out? (PS: I have a new cluster just waiting on my day off and good weather to coincide for instalation.)

·
Registered
112 Posts
you could try rolling around with the heat on full blast with the windows down. just make sure you're pointing the vents towards the windows or it'll start to get hot.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
Ok, so my guage cluster is all kinds of mucked up and to top it off my 85 L-type has a history of overheating. I had it fixed at a trustworthy shop so it shouldnt overheat but now I am paranoid. So my question is this: What are the warning signs of a car overheating before the steam comes pouring out? (PS: I have a new cluster just waiting on my day off and good weather to coincide for instalation.)
A temperature gauge. Any loss of power pretty much means the damage is done.

You could add a aftermarket one if you can't get the stock one to work.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a stock one sitting in my closet ready to be installed, assuming it works. (its from ebay afterall) Do you guys know if there is anyway to test a cluster before installing it? I'm tempted to try and do it before me and the wife go to dinner tonight....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts