Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,344 Posts
Car is about perfect for me, given that it is an N/A engine. I have 3.58 gears so not roasting tires. It seems to me to be a great balance on dry pavement of full throttle with out spinning the tires. Has plenty of pulling power in 5th gear going up fairly steep hills like the Blue Mountains on I-84. I got about 25-26 MPG on a fairly lengthy trip.

Currently chasing an oil leak and the engine is out of the car. I don't think I sealed the flywheel bolts. I used ARP bolts and they don't come with any sealant. I couldn't spot any other leaks. nothing below the rear main seal, oil pan seal or front trans seal.

Not sure if the ATEMU module is needed or not.
Is the ATEMU module from the Russian guy? You probably need it, Mutant has a much earlier ecu. Though hard to say how much difference it makes on an NA engine. vvti 2jzgte swap peeps claim the engine is pulling timing, but not sure if they have any science to back that up.

Ah, you didn't mention the 3.58 gears! Would live to try your car with a 4.1 or 4.3.

Yeah, that will be your leak. You absolutely need sealant on the threads. Don't use regular thread sealant either. My factory manual actually specified Locktite 242 for the timing tensioner bolt, its the same deal with that thing (goes through the block). I would think a good oil resistant RTV would do it too. I used this stuff for the plug on my 6m's hex cap on the high pressure oil feed (under the water pump), and its started leaking within weeks both times!
!

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I use FIPG black to seal threads that could leak oil. Works fantastic.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts