·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
You have a late model 86, it was probably re-keyed at one point I would imagine

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I dont even remember lighted keyholes but they may have been changed as well .

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
nope, your '85 P-type has 14x7" wheels with an +8mm offset, that's what the 8 means ;)

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
supergregotti said:
I dont even remember lighted keyholes but they may have been changed as well .

I love that on my 85, it makes it soo easy to find the hole.

Come to think of it if girls had......lol thats funny.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
LOL , I have no marks around it so I must do okay in the dark. :)

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
t revive this thread with what i think i know.
the earlier supras had the cruise control on the side of the instrument cluster cover, later had it on the turn signal/wiper piece somewhere.
82's have some other differences under hood, the afm is non-compatible, there are far more vaccum lines under hood, so thats different, then theres the dual v-belts instead of ribbed belt.
no check engine light on 82's as far as i know.
i thought the wing was standard on p-types and the wing was an option or not available on l-types, i heard that l-types did not all receive the lsd diff. standard.
different coil/igniter on 82.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Weird thing I see on this. I have an L-type, '84 but I have the P-Type wheels. The old guy who owned the car before me didn't seem like the type to change that kind of thing...

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
MagSupra said:
Weird thing I see on this. I have an L-type, '84 but I have the P-Type wheels. The old guy who owned the car before me didn't seem like the type to change that kind of thing...
are they 14" or 15"?

ive heard of 15" p-type style wheels availible on l-types only whereas normal p-types received the 14" ones.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
i thought the wing was standard on p-types and the wing was an option or not available on l-types, i heard that l-types did not all receive the lsd diff. standard.
Things that have been covered before, but will go over it again.

The wing was a option on the 82 P-Type's, it became standard starting in 83. The one oddball variation happened in 84, where if your P-Type had the Leather interior, then you did not get the hatch wing. At least in the US.

US Spec L-Types: None of the 82's + 83's had the hatch wing, I have seen "some" 84 L-Type's w/ the wing, None of the 85's had it.

None of the 82 - 85 US Spec L-Type's had the LSD rear. Some of the Canadian 82 - 83 L-Type's had the LSD rear as a option, some did not. As some of us know, the L-Type was only available in Canada for 2 years (see beginning of this paragraph).

·
Registered
54 Posts
what can you look for on the body that would determine if its an 83 p-type or l-type my car has big fenderflares and a hatch spoiler thing. it that helps

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Please re-read again from page 1. Then re-read from each page. This whole thread explains the differences.

41 - 60 of 179 Posts