Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a compiled schedule let me know and I will update it as necessary. Every weekend between here and October is pretty much packed.

No excuses for you pussies NOT going to events. Like Auto-X events. Auto-X is only about $35 to $40 bucks. I spent a whopping $68.50 at the bar last Friday. If I hadn't went that's nearly 2 Auto-X right there.

I'm going to print off a bunch of these and drop them off at Schucks, Baxters, Auto Zone etc. and try to spread the word around.

Excel Spreadsheet to Download / Print
PDF File to Download / Print

Compiled by Rusty @ http://www.TougeSpec.com
For More Information:
PIR http://www.portlandraceway.com/
Bremerton http://www.bremertonmotorsportspark.com/
Packwood http://www.wwscc.org/locations/packwood.html
Evergreen http://www.evergreenspeedway.com/
CSCC http://www.cascadesportscarclub.org/
NWAA http://www.nwautosports.org/
ORPCA http://www.oregonpca.org/

Yes I know there's a typo, I left out the S in Hillsboro. This has been corrected in the PDF & XLS files.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
hot dam rusty, let me go delete the post i made on the drift schedual this year, Cause this one Rocks!

i'll see what i can do about getting some cash together.. i have a clean trailor and my truck has tag's, and im insured to drive it.. just would suck to tow my car to the centrial meet LOL but i will consider it heavily cause i could take the time to visit my sister!

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
No excuses for you pussies NOT going to events.
This comment alone, will keep me away from these events. Makes you sound like the guys that kept me away from road course racing in my younger days. Fucking Snob :laugh:

That said, I don't drift, I value my car more than that. I also don't auto-X in any way, shape, or form, because I like to drive, or relax between driving, I'm not playing cone monkey.

Can't afford my SCCA classes this year to run real road courses, so those are out, unless an open track day is available ... ie. Bremerton twice a year.

That leaves me with Drags for this year, and little of that, and you obviously don't care about those, as they aren't on "your" schedule .... to each his own, But ... Don't call me a Pussy, because I don't race the same style you do !!!

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No I'm just saying for people that have cars and don't race. I am not going to make a 10+ page schedule to include ALL types of racing. I'm suprised you're not pissed that I didn't include Dirt-Bike racing, Quad Racing, Boat Racing, Crotch-Rocket Racing, Circle Track Dirt/Modified Racing, RC Car Racing, and ALMS, INDY, NASCAR, F1, and dogsled racing. Most people are aware of the drag strip locations near them, and drag strips don't move, have regular schedules. Auto-X & Drift events move from one location to the next so I put a list of them together. I'm not the only one with access to the Internet and Google.

And WTF. I've met you and you've met me. I'm sorry that even after several interactions you seem to think I'm a snob. But guess what, apparently you weren't able to overcome adversity, and realize there are snobs EVERYWHERE. You have to figure out who the are, if they're having a bad day, and accept it and ignore them if you want to race. What I really read here is that you are cheap, and racing is not your number one priority. And that's okay. I'm cheap too, I went in for ebay intercooler pipes, and knock-off blow-off valve. I'm cheap too, but I still choose to race and tolerate the snobs, because.... wait for it. I WANT TO RACE. If the snobs keep you away, a) you didn't really want to race b) your desire to live in a perfect world unaffected by snobs is affecting how you live your life, and achieve your goals. What do you think I have to deal with everytime I head to PIR when the Porsche Club puts on an Auto-X? Some of the cars there are worth more than twelve times what I've invested in my car. I still race, because I want to. If the snobs keep you away then I'm sorry. But meet me in real life, or bother to actually talk to me and you'll know I'm not a snob.

You don't drift. That's GREAT. Glad to hear there's one less MKII that's going to get totalled in .5 seconds @ the drift course. Because we ALL know that's what happens IMMEDIATELY when someone tries to drift. :rolleyes: You don't HAVE to drift, this is a combined schedule for multiple motorsports.

As for calling you a pussy, I didn't. You race, albeit drag race, but that's still racing. People that spend money on cars to race, or to upgrade their cars' performance and then trailer it to shows, or drive it twice a year are wasting money in my opinion. There are better outlets for investing your money than a car that is only going to have sentimental value, and never getting fully realizing your investment.

If you don't think Auto-X is relaxing then maybe you need to go to a few more. It's about as downtempo a race event as they get. Being a cone monkey for 2 hours, paying only 40 bucks, and getting to race in an very low abuse environment is well worth it for me. You learn a lot from other drivers who are better than you are, and have better setups than you. It's a great learning experience.

And lastly it's not that I don't care about drag racing, it's that this is a SEMI All-Inclusive list.

OH HOLY SHIT, look at the FIRST SENTENCE. I guess you missed it, LET ME KNOW AND I WILL UPDATE THE SCHEDULE.
Maybe I made a huge fucking mistake by alerting you to events that you might not have known about in, around or near your area. I'm not sorry I didn't include EVERY event that you want or will consider going to.

Feel FREE to copy this public information, gathered together by me and make your OWN schedule including all the drag events that are in your area. Or you could spend 10 minutes of you time, copy and past drag schedules in here and I'll update the list for the CS members. And realisticly it definitely seems like Drag Racing is the number one sport here amongs CS members. Seems like moreso than Auto-X.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
LMFAO .... Rusty, yes, we have met, yes, I enjoy your company, yes, I read EVERY sentence.

I typed that, KNOWING, how you would respond .... you didn't disappoint me :D

Thank you, very much, for your efforts, and the entertainment value. Maybe next time, you won't fall for the bait ;)

·
Premium Member
6,145 Posts
No Goddamn Frozen Lake Ice Racing! Rusty, I was talking to Rich(Info3K) today about the irony of ANYTHING in Packwood, much less a three day event. Great "unofficial" rally country, and you could fill up three days easy recreating special stage sections from past Olympus rallies. Seriously thinking of going one day that weekend. Wish it was a TSD event, instead of autocross.....

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
*chuckles* Okay so I'm pretty gullible, esp. when online. You would think after 15 years of being on the net I would figure out when I'm getting trolled.

And I do tend to passionately over react, and also see how calling people pussies could be considered offensive (but there are MUCH worse things on the Internet 2G1C yuck)

You're an ass. *smiles* Looking forward to the PACNW. I'll bring some liquid refreshment. I believe I owe you several seeing as you don't have a door charge for your awesome meets.

And Tanya, the wife SORELY missed you today. She felt left out. Seems like most of the crowd simply thought she was "just another S/O." Though she did enjoy the day immensely, we wished you could'a been @ Centralia.

Back On Topic... Updates for the schedule. Post 'em up and I'll update it. Though I'm tempted to have one Master list, and filter it down into WA & OR so people in their respective states that aren't considering travel can simply look @ events only in their state.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Nothin' but love ;)

Seriously, great effort Rusty. As for the auto-x cone monkey --- If there are some, that have 3-4 groups running, instead of the -2- I've seen at the few I've been to, I'd be down for seeing how shitty I drive :D I want the opportunity to go over my car between runs, and standing by cones doesn't offer that, and my "crew/kids" have no interest in taking my place :(

·
POTATO
17,332 Posts
And Tanya, the wife SORELY missed you today. She felt left out. Seems like most of the crowd simply thought she was "just another S/O." Though she did enjoy the day immensely, we wished you could'a been @ Centralia.

Shame you didn't show up fro the Chimp meat... it was 30+ mk2s of awesome, and I was there :)

Maybe next year...

·
Premium Member
6,145 Posts
Hell, Rusty, I didnt realize until later that I had never introduced Lori to her, and Lori is not the type to roll right over and say Hi. Sorry, Dude. We will be trying to visit family in Portland on our west coast road trip in June, maybe we can have a Portland MiniMeet.

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Shame you didn't show up fro the Chimp meat... it was 30+ mk2s of awesome, and I was there :)

Maybe next year...
I really wanted to go. I had just gotted back to Vancouver, from being in Gallup, NM for a few weeks for work and came home to my blown transmission. I spent all weekend swapping it while you guys partied it up:32: Wish I could have been there.

Hell, Rusty, I didnt realize until later that I had never introduced Lori to her, and Lori is not the type to roll right over and say Hi. Sorry, Dude. We will be trying to visit family in Portland on our west coast road trip in June, maybe we can have a Portland MiniMeet.

No worries, at least she got to meet Rochelle (Robert's wife) and hang out. Llana's so into the Supra scene now that I know she'll be going to meets for a long time coming. She was more upset that most people figured she was just another chick, and not a Supra owner.

I am DEFINITELY down for a mini-meet and if you've got the time I can even show you some badass roads out Highway 30 that runs east out of Portland (would only take about an hour and a half.). It's beautiful and includes driving up to/right next to the falls (Bridal Veil and others), and Vista House/Crown Point.

·
is awesome
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Definitely. I'll probably be working pit crew for Andrew & his S13 240. But either way I'm going. Trust me, it's fucking INSANE, and the pro teams are jaw droppingly friendly. As in, come on in man, have some drinks out of our cooler, need anything let us know kinda guys (of course we were there really early working on Andrew's car so we were obviously not spectators) but still awesome people!!

·
Premium Member
6,145 Posts
Seriously considering Saturday F/D at Evergreen-You still going?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts