Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts
I just signed up for Saturday and Sunday. No dyno,no drag racing.Gamble and I will roll into PSI dyno place in the afternoon,after we check in and go grocery shopping.The hotel has a coffee maker,refer and a microwave. OH ,JOY!!!!!
http://www.heathmanlodge.com/accommodations/business-level-double-queen

We will be driving from Seattle on Saturday.
Am I picking you up downtown,Gamble?

Grocery shopping? My man i have per diem with plenty to cover food for you too i bet ;)

Yeah pick me up please, unless it is easier for me to take public transit to you, don't have a rental since they put me up in a hotel right next to work.

Forget the caravan idea. I'll get you when you check out.Downtown Seattle is traffic HELL.
Email me later for location and time. Noonish?

Who is going from Seattle on Saturday? PM me.:thumbsup:

Anyone going down on Friday? I have Friday and Saturday off but not sunday. I am thinking about coming Friday, but not if there is no one to hang out with.

There will be some very friendly Supra owns there to hang out with.
Yeah,a lot of later model Supra's,but ALL friendly folks. You are a Supra owner and you belong there. You didn't drive a Honda there!
Friday is drag racing day. I have chosen not to race or attend. You'll be surrounded by Supra owners. You will be fine.
Park next to a silver Supra.

If you want to drag race,you will need to pass tech inspection:Usually no problem. $9 to watch others burn rubber.

I'll be sure to park my Silver Supra next to another one... LOL!!! There will probably be a few! See y'all on Saturday!!!

I got in a practice run to pick up Gamble in down tow Seattle. 5:15 PM,no less. Oh joy.
it was valuable experience to actually find out how to get there and where the place is.
Downtown Seattle is PURE HELL. NO left turn from 3-6 PM and I'M IN A BUS ONLY LANE!

I qualified for 3 moving violations down there. Looking for an address made it so much worse. I lost my WAZE!
I picked him up and arranged to meet ray85p for dinner. Good idea. They had never met in person.
Mexican food was a good choice.

We will be in Vancouver/Portland on Saturday afternoon!
DYNO DAY. Maybe run...depends on my mood. Can't make more than 135 at the rear wheels,ya know.

Even though I "used to" work in downtown Seattle regularly, when I dropped Gamble off after a great dinner, I too ended up in bus only lanes a couple of times and also made a somewhat improper right turn where I was called a dick and deservedly so. So technically we're even on violations and no tickets! Yeah! Besides, it's all Gambles fault anyway. Right????
Wish I could join you all for this. Maybe next time.

There will be MORE events coming up that is more "local" for Seattle/Tacoma/Arlington boys and girls.Erin moved to Sultan/Duvall area. Junkie is in Everett. Brian is still North of me,somewhere.There is a member in Marysville,as I recall.(Shift?)

A little more North than Oregon may tempt a few Canadian forum members,next time.:thumbsup:
A guy from Kennewick,WA is coming over!!!!!! (We traded cell #'s)

This community/tribe is SO valuable to me!
Yeah,we jabber on the forum,but it ain't the same as actually meeting a forum member that has a REAL NAME!
I'm wearing my custom T-shirt to the Portland/Vancouver/Hillsboro event.
There will be no doubt who in the hell I am.
[url=http://imgur.com/ZgFVkFI][/URL]

We both melted!
https://www.wunderground.com/us/or/portland/zmw:97201.1.99999
On top of the heat and VERY slow traffic,my heater was stuck ON,so it blew 120* into the cab,until Gamble noticed that the VVT was still getting vacuum. Fixed that for the drive home.
Rich had me plug in the sensor by the A/C condenser,also. Much cooler for the long ride home.
Yeah,I got a little sun burned. Gamble was immune to the sunshine and less affected by the VERY hot Portland heat.
A really good showing of MK II's!!!!!
The recommended Heathman Lodge was GREAT!!!!!

LOT'S of MK II's:

Hot doggies and burgers,OH MY!

Cool SWAG and trophy's,too!
Some Supra owners won more than one trophy.
Some were drawn on the raffle for multiple prizes.

I'll post pics later on at some point, put em up in an album already though so if you want all the pics here you go: https://photos.app.goo.gl/jUXCCrfcqYErVpx52

These are just the jpegs as the camera spits em out for preview purposes, if there are any you want edited up in full res i can do that, just let me know which ones you dig.

Also, anyone near bellevue want to let their car be a test rig for some new seat brackets? This company makes the lowest profile high quality brackets you can get and are in this neck of the woods. They have tons of cars already, check out the application list.
http://www.plantedtechnology.com/cars-wanted

Those are some yummy pics nevertheless. I especially liked the pics of the really old Toyota truck with the Corona next to it in the dealer showroom. I'll never forget the first time I drove one of those old Corona's in about '68 and how smooth it shifted and ran. I might have to make the trip next time if it's not 1000 degrees and I have my A/C working again!

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.