Registered
7,111 Posts
:eek2: I wish I had that kind of money :twisted:
It looks like he rolled by my neighborhood :2gunfire:

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Malloy said:
http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=120281&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

:shock:
Heh...got holes? Ouch.

How many forums do you actually FOLLOW Malloy? Geez man...I've lost count.

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Rare in Canada..........

Why does crossing an invisible line (the border) change things so much.

·
Heroic Autobot
705 Posts
LOL! Speed holes decrease weight and add speed...

·
Registered
15,036 Posts
LOL! Speed holes decrease weight and add speed...

not when they are in the valve cover. i cant beleive they havent reported that to the cops.
william

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I can believe it, be it fear or apathy, most people would not want to get involved. I wonder what the repair bill will be$$$$$

·
Registered
15,036 Posts
for some strange reason i dont think that kid will care or have a problem paying it in cash. ive seen shadier things then that in person. of coarse i live in tampa though, in the middle of the bad part.
william

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wow ... this is America! I have always wanted to visit the US. Drive coast-coast, visit somebody i knew (in Salem/Oregon). But i cant really figure out if i shoud bring my thrusty old mauser or a 155mm Howitzer. For my own safety ofcourse!

Jokes aside. Does such incidensts accur frequently in your country? I mean ... if something similiar woud happen where i'm from, the whole thing woud go on the news - nationwide. Bulletholes in somebodys hood woud be frontpage stuff for our three biggest newspapers.

Come to think of it, it is 64 times more people living in the states than in my country... maybe the reason lies there. There is too many of you guys over there!

:D

/~Opti - Who has never been in the US before

·
Super Moderator
8,395 Posts
Does such incidensts accur frequently in your country?
Nope, not unless you live in Oakland or Compton :D . Although if you watched our news you'd think it did. The old "if it bleeds it leads" saying is very true with US news. Although the crime rate is still too damn high here compared to a lot of other places. But what am I going to do move to Canada, its too damn cold up there :)

·
Administrator
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think such violence is in fact common here in the US. Every night I turn on the Philadelphia news, it seems there is a shooting of sorts...I know its just as bad in NYC.

Here is some really disturbing news:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/09/02/national/main571179.shtml

That is a 'explosive collar' that was attached to a bank robber....it was detonated as the robber pleaded with police to remove it...supposedly he was forced to rob the bank....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ok, then it is confirmed. But offcourse the media/press blows everything out of proportions. You cant base your facts on just the press. But my averall impression of your country is that the crime rate is way too high.

Have any of u guys ever been to Norway?

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I have been to Harstad and Oslo. Went there when I was in college one summer, because the girl I was dating at the time wanted me to meet her parents (she came to California to go to school). I had never been to that part of the world, and they paid the air fare.

What a cool place to live. Those people drank and partied all night long...it really blew my mind. Norwegians can really hold their alcohol - and your beer is SO much stronger than what we have in the US.

Oh, and your women are amazing too. Ellen was adorable.

·
Registered
792 Posts
The USA is an interesting country to say the least! I was born and raised in Hawaii, and in all my years there, I never really saw a lot of major crime. I then moved to Des Moines, Iowa for a year and I don't think they even knew the word "crime"!
However, my wife got a job here in Los Angeles, CA, and that all changed! From the first day we moved here in '97, we saw incredible stories of people getting shot, cops getting killed and everything in between was either gang-related or involved drugs!
Nowadays, my wife and i watch the news, and it doesn't even disturb us at all that these things go on! I guess you build up an immunity to the violence after a while...
We also have less fear driving in and around the city nowadays, we figure if its gonna happen to us, it gonna happen-no sense trying to lock ourselves away from the world!
I do agree with you, our country has way too many people in it, but we just can't seem to figure out how to keep the idgits from procreating! If ya can't afford to survive on your own, why would ya wanna bring a child into this world? I've heard every excuse in the book too, (my wife's a social worker for L.A. County!) and they get dumber and dumber each day...

In any case, don't let the ignorance of our country's jackasses keep you from seeing it, there are many more places to see that outweigh the shitholes where you'd find problems!!!
Chris

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
opti said:
Ok, then it is confirmed. But offcourse the media/press blows everything out of proportions. You cant base your facts on just the press. But my averall impression of your country is that the crime rate is way too high.

Have any of u guys ever been to Norway?
My in-laws just got back from spending almost a month in Scandinavia. They thought it was beautiful with friendly people. Their only real complaint was the outrageous price of food at many of the restaurants.

By the way you can visit the States and see some incredible sites, just avoid NYC, Philly, D.C., Detroit, Chicago....hmmmm, this list is going to be too long. Anyway, you can do it, trust me :wink:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts