Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im looking at painting my mark2 soon and just want to know if there are anythings i need to do before or during the paint process?
what to look out for etc.
Im thinking bout painting it gun metal silver.
Also im thinking about leaving the side trim off and bogging up the holes, does this look good? or would it be better to leave them on?
cheers

·
Founding Member
6,405 Posts
Read my diatribe under restoration talk and that should answer lots of questions.

Will the mk2 look good without the side trim? Thats a matter of personal preference but there's one practical thing to consider: The L-type would be easy, but the P-type flares are made to go around those mouldings and would require some fiberglass work to blend them down so you don't have big gaps there where the mouldings used to go. Try it. You may start a trend.

Phil D

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
i'm also thinking of repainting my mkii, right now its that 85 two-tone silver/blueish gray color, but i want to make it black like my 84, they sell that stick on 1 1/2" moulding that almost looks like the original for a decent price, i think i'm gonna use that, or you can replace all the moulding from toyota for over 600 dollars....lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Side trim

Guys, i under took the removal of the side trim, and i can tell u that it was harder than it looks!!! The P-type flares aren't fiberglass, but actually a compressed fibre material, and as such u can't just make fiberglass sections as it doesn't stick to them! I used Body filler, as i was told it was the only stuff that does stick without spending $$$(thousands) on getting proper mods done to them. Does look good tho. still waiting for my finished paintjob so that i can get some pics up.

·
Registered
675 Posts
HEY :shock: anyone wanting to check out the trimless supy, check in members section!!!!
Joel Driver
did the repaint and trim shave, flares will accept fiberglass fill for trim cutouts, you just have to make sure to scuff the inner of the flare good to get it ruff. Not that hard to do. also if you notice no handles or trunk lock (shaved) looking for a good side skirt solution and am thing the new Corolla S skirts may be of similar length? any ideas are welcomed!!!! 8)

·
Registered
174 Posts
so... ummm.... how do you get in?

heh sorry, had to ask

nice tho!

·
Registered
675 Posts
well, what you do is when you pull the hanlde off you remove the rod from the back of that and hook it to the lock cylinder in placce of the lock rod, and then when you insert key and turn it is just like liftting handle, door pops right open. pretty cool, eh?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts