Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Painted C/f or not

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I go to get my motor tomorrow, so I can bang out the firewall for the twins, then my car will go off to get painted. Now I'm trying to decide if I should paint the hood I have or leave it c/f. I have my opinion pretty much made up, but figured I would get your opinion's anyways.

Also, would you paint the bottom of the hood as well, or just paint the top and leave the underside c/f?

Maybe a little bit of both?
Let me hear your thoughts, or if someone is good with photoshop, a photoshopped picture would be nice.

This hood:

On a car painted like this except with an 85 wing:

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I made multiple choices possible to avoid having Billy's nomination ruin my thread.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
shit...what did I start with the billyM for president thing...oh jeez...

I say leave it cf if you are gonna go with plain silver paint...but paint it to match if you are gonna do a two tone style paint job like the one pictured above.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
id say paint the hood to match the car on a two color combo... wld be too many colors if you left the hood raw.
My thoughts exactly. You're one of the exact people I was hoping to hear from.
Thanks Greg.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
My hood has some small cracks in the corners, so the decision was made to fix them for strength and longevity of the hood and paint over the repairs. I plan to experiment with it, starting with leaving the raised center carbon and the sides painted to match the car. If that's not a good look, then will try just the scoop showing carbon. The last step is full paint. If I had a bunch more carbon parts I would leave it, but just the hood will stand out to much.

·
Premium Member
4,082 Posts
id say paint the hood to match the car on a two color combo... wld be too many colors if you left the hood raw.
I gotta agree. If it was solid color car, it would look cool, but its gonna be overkill with that 2 tone.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Paint the top to ~ 1/2" border on underside - would be too many colors all together (great looking car) Leave the underside CF after all you want to show it off a little.

·
Registered
267 Posts
paint , i think..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts