Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know how much the Panasports run for a piece or for a set? im pretty interested, just tryin to find some info. also, does anyone know of where you could maybe order watanabe wheels online/anywhere? i looked at their website and almost every wheel made by them fits the mk2, i think they would look good.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
im also quite curious as to pricing and dealer locations for the panasports.

i think the FS16s would look awesome on a mkII, are there any photos of such a combo floating around?

watanabe, as far as a i recall, are expensive, around 300us$ a wheel, although that price is pretty old, and that was from a canadian distributor.
wait times for shipment was around 4-9 weeks also.

·
Super Moderator
8,358 Posts
You should wait if you are interested in Panasports. They are supposedly in the process of making a 16x8 in a low offset. At least thats what I read on the Zcar board. HTH

·
Founding Member
6,405 Posts
They have the classic panasports in 16x7 in zero offset. A local autocrosser has a set on his 240Z. Ordered them through Discount Tire for $205 each he said.

Phil

·
Registered
516 Posts
:eek: Man I always wanted to have the Watanabe wheelsfor the longest time, "polished aluminum"
like touring type or just with lip! I saw them on a Skyline old style with lip
on a Japanese magazine called "Option" I still have the picture but could never afford them. Only one that came close were the Compomotive ML but only in 14inch. It would be nice in 16 or 17 fit. also Panasport

·
Registered
36 Posts
You can sometimes find used (new, if you're lucky) Watanabe's at wheelchoice.com. They import wheels from Japan and recently sold a set of 16's. They often have other brands of wheels that will fit MKII's as well, but check frequently because they sell quickly.

I brought back a new set of 16" (8 J front, 9.5 J rear) eight-spoke aluminum type-R Watanabe's from Japan, I paid about $1700 (ouch) but you can really appreciate that classic Watanabe look on a MKII. You can even buy toy model Celica XX's with the same wheel set-up.

good luck

·
Registered
516 Posts
Thanks for the info (ts-okinawa) I'll have a look. Do you have a picture of your car with
the wheels on?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts