Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the tires mounted, Yoko AVS ES100's. Rims and tires look great. Can hardly wait to get the car back. :mk2vroom:

FYI, had them balanced on a Hunter GSP 9700. The wheels and tires balanced out so well that they only needed 1/4 oz of weight.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ooh, which Panasports did you get and what size tires did you put on them? I want to see some pictures. Please?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn, now I finally have to figure out how to post a pic.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
290 Posts
:shock: those are nice. Can't wait to see what they look like on your car :bling:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Panasports are great, I think they are really cool on the MkII. But 225/60s??? Why so tall?
Are you going for more ground clearance?
Jamie

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
i just cant wait to see them on the car...
now to find a source of panasports in town :D

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Duh, 225/50's. I guess I had the stock tire size on the brain. 235's will not fit on a 7 inch rim correctly. The 225/50's have 8" of tread already.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have 235's on my stock 7" wheel and I had 245's on my old MK3 with a 7" wheel and them both fit fine.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, 235's will fit. But, the ratio of rim to tire size is beyond what any tire manufacturer would recommend. I'll differ to their expertise. My guess is you end up with the same or less rubber actually on the road with reduced turn-in and a poorer handling vehicle. I wish that Panasport would have made a 7.5" so I could have mounted 235's on the rear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts