Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is any bulb in the fog light supposed to come on when I turn on the parking lights?

I see two bulbs in each of the fog lights in my 85 Supra. The big one comes on when I turn on the fog lights. On the passenger side fog light the outermost bulb in the fog light (small bulb) comes on when I turn on the parking lights. The drivers side doesn’t do the same.

To make matters worse the front passenger side parking light does not come on at all.
I thought maybe the fog light and parking light wires might be crossed but the front passenger blinker works fine.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
7,850 Posts
DStar Fogs only come on when the headlights low beams are on...

I would bet the clear running light drivers side needs replacing #194 bulb and yellow side light passenger side is out...#194 as well

·
Premium Member
7,850 Posts
Blinkers are separate bulbs #1156

Fogs use H3s, Classicgarage.com has Hella Optimas bulbs very cheap...plus we get 10% off using "supragroup" in the discount code

·
Premium Member
7,850 Posts
Bulb info and replacement procedures are outlined in the factory owners manual...

·
Registered
7,108 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I replaced the bulbs last night and all is well.

For anyone replacing a fog light bulb for the first time: To get to the bulb in the fog light I removed the grill (just a few screws) removed two small screws holding on the silver frame Around the fog light and then pulled out the whole fog light. There was some kind of wire organizer slowing the pull but once I loosened it the fog pulled out easily. Both bulbs in the fog light are accessible from there. 👍

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Correction - the grill is held on by 1 screw (in the center) and several tabs. 2 of the tabs can be removed the inside of the grill by removing 2 screws if the tabs are sticking.

·
Registered
269 Posts
D has a good idea. The way one would think to gain access to the fog lights would be to remove the side marker/blinker housing by removing the two screws on the outside, and then pulling it out from the ball and socket type holder that is on the inside. However, as these cars are now over 30 years old, the plastic socket gets brittle, and almost always breaks upon removal, or if not, then when you attempt to reinstall it. Removing the grill is I think just as easy, and safer! The tabs on the grill are easy once you see how to unlatch them with a small screwdriver blade.

Bob

·
Registered
7,108 Posts
I would never have taught to do it this way. I have always removed the fog bracket first.
Will try that next time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts