Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, as I stated in the previous thread I went out to Barlows Wrecking today and snapped some more pictures and a short walk around video. Youtube link at the bottom.

Here is the original CL post: http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/ptd/5198608957.html

:salute:I CAN AND WILL DRIVE OVER THERE TO PULL PARTS FOR YOU GUYS. I am not looking to make money on anything. The price they tell me is the price i will tell you except there will be a shipping charge. Depending on requests depends on how often i head out there.:salute:

After talking with the sales rep, he says that his prices are based off of car-part.com. He takes the condition of the part and matches that to a price+condition on car-part.com and then beats that price. So some haggling can be done. I told him depending on others interest i might blow up his business phone with price quotes and such and he had no quarrels with that. He had also mentioned that if they come across any more of our cars at auction, they will do their best to acquire them.

Disclaimer, what you see is what you get, remember this is a public salvage yard, i cant guarantee that a part will still be there by the time i get out there but i will do what i can.

Just a few things I noticed when i checked it out, the hatch is very rusty. Three of the tires hold air, the one that dosn't is pictured. The front coils are cut down to only 3 coils. Im not sure the brand of the rear springs, i remember reading about them somewhere because they are green. the engine looks to be 99% complete transmission is still there. The rims, I'm sure most are wondering about the rims, well they are boyds thats all i know...oh and he said 250 for all 4 + rubber...

https://youtu.be/LH3QSzQaH-g

My email is [email protected] or PM/post here

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Just curious, would you ship those wheels? I may have boxes I can send you that will fit those wheels. Hows the condition of them? They look decent. Can't really see curb rashes etc. Any bends in the lips? What's the condition of the passenger side rear moulding?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just curious, would you ship those wheels? I may have boxes I can send you that will fit those wheels. Hows the condition of them? They look decent. Can't really see curb rashes etc. Any bends in the lips? What's the condition of the passenger side rear moulding?
By moulding do you you mean the passenger side rear fender flare? When shipping the rims and tires i would follow http://howtoshipwheels.com/ if thats alright with you? I called the yard and requested the information about the rims but i didnt get a call back, I will try again in the morning.

·
Premium Member
5,659 Posts
Minor curb rash on the RR.
Thank you a LOT for posting that,those pix!
I Emailed the seller with no response.
See how we look?

Helpful. Willing to go out of way to get you what you need?
Totally awesome.Helpful.Beyond expectations.
Thanks,Lacey Dude!
It's my turn to give you one"Atta boy!"
I hope to return the favor someday.

·
Premium Member
5,659 Posts
Any idea how much shipping will be with "how to ship wheels" method?
Does anyone ship by rail anymore? It may take weeks to get to Wisconsin.Would that be the cheapest way? I had a tailgate shipped from California that way,once.77 pounds,including the crate.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Any idea how much shipping will be with "how to ship wheels" method?
Yes minor curb rash but no bent lips. And the passenger side rear moulding is good just covered in rattle can black paint. I realized what you meant by moulding as i was going to bed last night...duh on my part.

I just did a quick lookup and fedex was 216 and some change, ups was more expensive but thats just a guess cuz i dont know your zip code. I could look into shipping rail as long as you can go pick it up at an amtrak/BNSF station or something, but again for an accurate quote i need a zip.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so i tried to get the rims off for a closer inpsection, and the previous owner had the center lug cover caps glued on with either epoxy or some other crazy strong stuff...i managed to only get one cap off, but without damaging the other rims i dont know if i can save them.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,659 Posts
Those caps are aluminum. Try a heat gun to soften the glue.
Hey,those blue rear facing dash vents look pretty good....All 4.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Those caps are aluminum. Try a heat gun to soften the glue.
Hey,those blue rear facing dash vents look pretty good....All 4.
ill try heat next time im out there although interest in the wheels seems to have dissipated and i dont have room to store them, the vent on the passenger side isnt good so 3/4 did you want them Dave? The dash would almost be perfect still if it werent for where it was hit.

·
Premium Member
5,659 Posts
ill try heat next time im out there although interest in the wheels seems to have dissipated and i dont have room to store them, the vent on the passenger side isnt good so 3/4 did you want them Dave? The dash would almost be perfect still if it werent for where it was hit.
Yes, please. Name your price shipped to 98103.:salute:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes, please. Name your price shipped to 98103.:salute:
I will get them asap, probably monday, out of town for work right now. price will be what the salvage yard asks, plus shipping to you but that wont be much your just up the street. I dont know the price but i cant let you know before i pull them and get the price ok'd through you if you would like.

·
Premium Member
5,659 Posts
I will get them asap, probably monday, out of town for work right now. price will be what the salvage yard asks, plus shipping to you but that wont be much your just up the street. I dont know the price but i cant let you know before i pull them and get the price ok'd through you if you would like.
NO. Just bill be and I will pay. When you yank 'em,just send 'em.
I'll PM my address and i'll need your PP address,too.
Happy happy,joy joy. They will go to 98103.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts