Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Parting out 2 tone Blue/Silver '85 nr Toronto...

8K views 103 replies 29 participants last post by  Flyin' Hawaiian 
#1 · (Edited)
Hatch & Sunroof already spoken for... Originally a US car... & has only seen one Cdn Winter in last 15 yrs. (actually wasn't even a Full Winter ) 193,000 Miles on the (130 mph/200 Kph Odometer

I am RELUCTANTLY letting the car go... as really, pretty much the only Major things the car needs an Engine & a Battery... but I don't have

A) The space (& $$ ) to Store the car
B) The TIME to Collect/assemble & install Turbo parts
C) The $$ to buy the Turbo parts to complete the set up...

Engine has BHG & Engine to Tranny Seal leak... but was running

Tailights, & B Pillars & Turn signal lenses (Left has a couple small Scratches.. but NO cracks) up for grabs... as well as Header Panel...

Got some other stuff as a Priority in the next 7 days or so.. & only then will be able to post pics/take parts off...
Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hatch & Sunroof already spoken for... Originally a US car... & has only seen one Cdn Winter in last 15 yrs.

Tailights, & B Pillars & Turn signal lenses (Left has slight crack) up for grabs... as well as Header Panel...

Got some other stuff as a Priority in the next 7 days or so.. & only then will be able to post pics/take parts off...
I should mention before a whole bunch of ppl start asking... Whiskers aren't any good & some Asshole Stole most of the Belt Moulding...

#5 ·
I'm not sure exactly what Ur describing Rick... The Interior plastic piece near the rear Quarter ? I'm sure I'll have one... but maybe U can send a PM to me with a Pic... so we make sure we're on the same page...

Also, if you can shoot me your address so I can get a shipping quote...

Cheers,

#6 ·
Hi,

Looking for a driver's seatbelt in blue

Also the pad that goes along the top of the door card, driver's side

A parking brake handle also, the button has popped out of mine and I don't know where it is

Please and thank you
Yes, I'll have all 3 of those... Please PM me with an address so I can get a Shipping quote... Also a proper email address so I can send U pics directly...

Cheers,

#9 ·
Hatch & Sunroof already spoken for... Originally a US car... & has only seen one Cdn Winter in last 15 yrs.

Tailights, & B Pillars & Turn signal lenses (Left has slight crack) up for grabs... as well as Header Panel...

I am looking for a blue sun visor (passenger side) and a left rear lower control arm (with no rust). I am in Toronto so I can come pick them up if available.

#10 ·
I'll definitely have the Sun Visor for you... and the Control Arms are good.. but it's a big job to get them off...& obviously once I do that... I can't tow what's left of the car... to the Metal Recyclers....

How much are you willing to pay for the Control Arm??... when you consider not only getting a rare 35 y/o part in good shape... but also my time ... in getting it off ?? It has to be worthwhile on both counts....

I also have a couple of people who are considering buying the whole car as is... but I'm only going to give them a few days to make a decision.... & will have the visor for you either way...

Anyway. there are sooo many ppl that want all the good parts that are on the car ... (including really good doors) that I'm not going to take a Low ball offer for the Whole car... (& still have a Ton of parts that are already Off car anyway )

Cheers,

#12 ·
$150 plus Shipping... & I used to work for North American Van Lines during the Summers while in High School... Amoung all kinds of other things...Packed Royal Doulton China... for Shipment overseas... so I KNOW how to pack Professionally....Literally.

Been on this site for a good 15 years, now.. & NOT one item I've sold... has arrived broken...

As I mentioned above... there's a cpl of ppl that might possibly purchase the whole car... so I'm going to give them a cpl days to make a decision... The other Tailights I have are from '84's ... I don't know if there might be a slight Wiring/Connector Difference...

I'll be in touch when I know whether the whole car's spoken for or not... but I have a lot of other parts that are already Off Car...

So in case the whole car is sold... do a search here & see if there's any difference btw '84 & '85 WIRING...

I already know/have seen... that there are like 3 different types of Tail light lenses for some reason...

1) White Reverse light in Center
2) White Reverse light Off Center
3) Textured/Dimpled outer Reflective surface

I'll be in touch either way...

Cheers.

#14 ·
K PM me with Ur email... & I'll send U pics of the '84 lights... The other thing... is that if I pull the '85 lights now (especially where I had to move the car to... at the very least... I'll get Wasps/insects in the car... at it's worst I could get Racoons & stuff chewing up the Interior... So I'd rather keep the car outside of the car "Sealed" until I can do a Complete strip of all the outer parts kinda in one shot...

Oh & send me Ur address as well so I can get a Shipping quote...

Cheers,

#16 ·
Passenger in really good condition... Drivers has the split at the outside bolster seam ...Both need good Chromed plastic strip at the back.. Other than that...they both need a good Cleaning...

But the Key point is... that Shipping from Canada to the States (in general)... is Ridiculous.... just sayin' FYI

Where R U located ?? Get back

Cheers,

#22 ·
I have ONE Factory Stereo... here at my house... & Ur about 3rd in line...

Not entirely sure... if I have any left at the Storage Trailer... & don't have time to go digging thru a 53 ft Trailer... specifically for those...

As I'm going thru organizing other things... if I come across more Stereos.. I let ppl know here... & sell them... in the order that the ppl contacted me...

Cheers,

#21 ·
If Ur asking me to take the skins off the seats... I simply don't have time to do that...unless U want to pay me $35/hr ..plus the $$ for the seats ... plus the Shipping...

Even then it's a WASTE of good seats...

IF I'm going to sell them... I'm selling them whole... otherwise I keep them myself...

All (Complete seats) OR nothing...

Never heard of secure ship ... but I will look into it at some point...

Had someone wanting me to ship a BUMPER CAP.. IF I could cut about a foot off of it . it would still cost nearly $600!!!.... to ship by Canada/US post... to Florida for a plastic Bumper cap that weighs like 25 lbs.!!!

With Bulky items they go by Cubic Area they take up... NOT weight... & then the Cap is considered an "oversize item"

I am shipping a Flare & some other stuff to Calgary... & even tho the total weight was 10 lbs... it still is like $65 ... & the Price didn't change if I added another FORTY lbs... because it goes by how much AREA the Flare takes up .... INCLUDING THE HOLE... WHERE THE WHEEL GOES...

The Shipping business is a SCAM... as far as I'm concerned...Highway Robbery.... IMHO

K that's my Rant for the Day...

#25 · (Edited)
If Ur asking me to take the skins off the seats... I simply don't have time to do that...unless U want to pay me $35/hr ..plus the $$ for the seats ... plus the Shipping...

Even then it's a WASTE of good seats...

IF I'm going to sell them... I'm selling them whole... otherwise I keep them myself...

All (Complete seats) OR nothing...

Never heard of secure ship ... but I will look into it at some point...

Had someone wanting me to ship a BUMPER CAP.. IF I could cut about a foot off of it . it would still cost nearly $600!!!.... to ship by Canada/US post... to Florida for a plastic Bumper cap that weighs like 25 lbs.!!!

With Bulky items they go by Cubic Area they take up... NOT weight... & then the Cap is considered an "oversize item"

I am shipping a Flare & some other stuff to Calgary... & even tho the total weight was 10 lbs... it still is like $65 ... & the Price didn't change if I added another FORTY lbs... because it goes by how much AREA the Flare takes up .... INCLUDING THE HOLE... WHERE THE WHEEL GOES...

The Shipping business is a SCAM... as far as I'm concerned...Highway Robbery.... IMHO

K that's my Rant for the Day...
Secureship.ca just submits your package to various vendors and gets you quotes for comparison. So you'll get quotes from CanPar, UPS, Purolator, etc.

I figured unbolting bottom from backs would make packing easier. Takes 4-minutes each and saves you time finding big boxes to fit them. If you want to stuff them both into one box, that's fine too. Not sure where idea of removing skins came in.

Here's my bike being picked up in Hagersville for shipment to S.F. I basically paid for an entire truck and crew to drive it over. So I know about paying for cubic capacity.

This is 3rd time I've tried to buy original seats and no one wants to sell them to me. Bizarre.

I'll just use some Racetechs I've been saving in closet. Wouldn't quite look right, but should work fine for trackdays.

#27 ·
I;ll be keeping the (Rust Free) Doors & prob Steering Column .. so not selling the Locks... Sorry...

#30 ·
had SEVEN Supras 5 years ago... down to 2 ... so the Trailer has parts from a good FOUR cars... so yeah make a list of what Ur after... & as long as I have spares for myself... I'll sell the excess/stuff I have multiples of...

Where R U located/coming from ??

Cheers,

#31 ·
had SEVEN Supras 5 years ago... down to 2 ... so the Trailer has parts from a good FOUR cars... so yeah make a list of what Ur after... & as long as I have spares for myself... I'll sell the excess/stuff I have multiples of...

Where R U located/coming from ??

Cheers,
I am located in Mississauga. My driver side mirror is loose and vibrating (glass). Do you have one? I am also looking for a blue plastic panel in front of the right rear speaker, mine is cracked.

#36 ·
I'll be posting pics of the B Pillars...likely sell them to the Highest bidder... just bought an '83 & need the $$ fr the parts... to Offset the cost of the new car...

Doubt I'll have time to take the Front stuff off...

As far as Rear Suspension arm someone has already requested 1 ... so only the other side might be available...

Not going to be doing the Major big stuff... until like the 1st week of Sept... when I can put whole car on a Flat bed Trailer...

I'll let U know what's available...

Cheers,

#41 ·
Yeah that part still should be on the car...nvr took 1 off as a seperate part before... I hope to do some work on stripping the car (fr the Inside out first ) ... this W/E ... if it s not raining or crazy Humid...

I'll b in touch... Cheers

Reactions: jfed
#44 ·
Hatch & Sunroof already spoken for... Originally a US car... & has only seen one Cdn Winter in last 15 yrs. (actually wasn't even a Full Winter ) 193,000 Miles on the (130 mph/200 Kph Odometer

I am RELUCTANTLY letting the car go... as really, pretty much the only Major things the car needs an Engine & a Battery... but I don't have

A) The space (& $$ ) to Store the car
B) The TIME to Collect/assemble & install Turbo parts
C) The $$ to buy the Turbo parts to complete the set up...

Tailights, & B Pillars & Turn signal lenses (Left has a couple small Scratches.. but NO cracks) up for grabs... as well as Header Panel...

Got some other stuff as a Priority in the next 7 days or so.. & only then will be able to post pics/take parts off... View attachment 17744
I'm looking for the shields on the side of the seat back ,,

#45 ·
Yes, I'll have a set in Blue.. in good... but not Mint condition... & usually the Chrome trim piece at the top ...isn't great either... If Ur looking for strictly "mint" ... I can't provide that...

If U just want something that looks presentable/decent ...LMK & shoot me Ur Zip & I can figure out what the shipping would be....

Cheers,

#48 ·
Yes, This Sun Sept 12th would work... best to come around 6... or possbily slightly earlier.... as it's dark by 8pm now.

Please Confirm that day & time work for you.....

Cheers,

#50 ·
Hey Ppl , something Flukey came out of of Left field...in that I am buying a 2nd 53 ft Trailer only 50 ft over from my Existing one.

I designed a Ramp out of (used) Warehouse Racking... that is about 80 % complete.... This will allow me to drive a car onto the Rear of a Trailer to Store it in the Off Season...

Having a 2nd Trailer... I now will be able to Store TWO cars... so no need to sell the '85 now... as I will be able to keep it... eventually build it into a Turbo.

I also will be able to organize my parts better & know exactly how many I have of each item ...& where it's located exactly...

However, quite a lot of the parts I will already have Off car... but NOT the Tailights...

I'm (literally) going to have to make a Spreadsheet of who wants which part & contact them individually

Cheers,

#53 ·
I had the one car I converted to stick... so might have kept that specific Auto Rad... but will have to check thru them all to look for the extra coolant lines...

I'll let U know if I find it... but don't have the time to spend searching for that one specific thing.... Just have to keep an eye out for it as I'm going about organizing/getting all the Rads in one location...

I'll b in touch...

Cheers,

#58 ·
I had the one car I converted to stick... so might have kept that specific Auto Rad... but will have to check thru them all to look for the extra coolant lines...

I'll let U know if I find it... but don't have the time to spend searching for that one specific thing.... Just have to keep an eye out for it as I'm going about organizing/getting all the Rads in one location...

I'll b in touch...

Cheers,
Sounds good thank you so much

#56 ·
Yes, I do... I'll keep an eye out for them... as I go about organizing other things...

Cheers,

#57 ·
99.9 % of the parts I have... are in Blue... so yes... I do have some...send Ur Postal code for shipping quotes plz...

Cheers,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.