Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
'84 Dark Blue Converted to 5 Spd... '85 ..gradually acquiring parts to Turbo ... have 82 Engine
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
If Ur asking me to take the skins off the seats... I simply don't have time to do that...unless U want to pay me $35/hr ..plus the $$ for the seats ... plus the Shipping...

Even then it's a WASTE of good seats...

IF I'm going to sell them... I'm selling them whole... otherwise I keep them myself...

All (Complete seats) OR nothing...

Never heard of secure ship ... but I will look into it at some point...

Had someone wanting me to ship a BUMPER CAP.. IF I could cut about a foot off of it . it would still cost nearly $600!!!.... to ship by Canada/US post... to Florida for a plastic Bumper cap that weighs like 25 lbs.!!!

With Bulky items they go by Cubic Area they take up... NOT weight... & then the Cap is considered an "oversize item"

I am shipping a Flare & some other stuff to Calgary... & even tho the total weight was 10 lbs... it still is like $65 ... & the Price didn't change if I added another FORTY lbs... because it goes by how much AREA the Flare takes up .... INCLUDING THE HOLE... WHERE THE WHEEL GOES...

The Shipping business is a SCAM... as far as I'm concerned...Highway Robbery.... IMHO

K that's my Rant for the Day...

·
Registered
'84 Dark Blue Converted to 5 Spd... '85 ..gradually acquiring parts to Turbo ... have 82 Engine
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Do you still have the factory stereo?
I have ONE Factory Stereo... here at my house... & Ur about 3rd in line...

Not entirely sure... if I have any left at the Storage Trailer... & don't have time to go digging thru a 53 ft Trailer... specifically for those...

As I'm going thru organizing other things... if I come across more Stereos.. I let ppl know here... & sell them... in the order that the ppl contacted me...

Cheers,

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'll have a bunch of Sun visors already off car... & I don't bother taking them off car... unless they are good...

Yes, I've used a friend's Flat bed to strip my Original car... but it's tied up till the end of August... so will be Stripping the car from the Interior first... & then doing the Major Strip Prob Sept 3rd. I checked the Arms previously & they seemed really solid... but I will check again just to make sure...

Cheers,
I am not in a hurry for the control arm. September will be fine. What's the price for the sun visor?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I am not in a hurry for the control arm. September will be fine. What's the price for the sun visor?
$35 for a Pair .... $20 if U want just one side... (Please specify Driver or Passenger )

·
Registered
381 Posts
If Ur asking me to take the skins off the seats... I simply don't have time to do that...unless U want to pay me $35/hr ..plus the $$ for the seats ... plus the Shipping...

IF I'm going to sell them... I'm selling them whole... otherwise I keep them myself...

Had someone wanting me to ship a BUMPER CAP.. IF I could cut about a foot off of it . it would still cost nearly $600!!!.... to ship by Canada/US post... to Florida for a plastic Bumper cap that weighs like 25 lbs.!!!

With Bulky items they go by Cubic Area they take up... NOT weight... & then the Cap is considered an "oversize item"

I am shipping a Flare & some other stuff to Calgary... & even tho the total weight was 10 lbs... it still is like $65 ... & the Price didn't change if I added another FORTY lbs... because it goes by how much AREA the Flare takes up .... INCLUDING THE HOLE... WHERE THE WHEEL GOES...

The Shipping business is a SCAM... as far as I'm concerned...Highway Robbery.... IMHO

Secureship.ca just submits your package to various vendors and gets you quotes for comparison. So you'll get quotes from CanPar, UPS, Purolator, etc.

I figured unbolting bottom from backs would make packing easier. Takes 4-minutes each and saves you time finding big boxes to fit them. If you want to stuff them both into one box, that's fine too. Not sure where idea of removing skins came in.

Here's my bike being picked up in Hagersville for shipment to S.F. I basically paid for an entire truck and crew to drive it over. So I know about paying for cubic capacity.

This is 3rd time I've tried to buy original seats and no one wants to sell them to me. Bizarre.

I'll just use some Racetechs I've been saving in closet. Wouldn't quite look right, but should work fine for trackdays.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Do you have all 4 locks/w keys? if so shoot me a price.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I;ll be keeping the (Rust Free) Doors & prob Steering Column .. so not selling the Locks... Sorry...

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Secureship.ca just submits your package to various vendors and gets you quotes for comparison. So you'll get quotes from CanPar, UPS, Purolator, etc.

I figured unbolting bottom from backs would make packing easier. Takes 4-minutes each and saves you time finding big boxes to fit them. Not sure where idea of removing skins came in. If you want to stuff them both into one box, that's fine too.

Here's my bike being picked up in Hagersville for shipment to S.F. I basically paid for an entire truck and crew to drive it over. So I know about paying for cubic capacity.

This is 3rd time I've tried to buy original seats and no one wants to sell them to me. Bizarre.

I'll just use some Racetechs I've been saving in closet. Wouldn't quite look right, but should work fine for trackdays.
Oh OK... I've had ppl want me to take the Skins off the seats & just send the Skins in a box... but that can take hours to do on my time...

I'll consider what Ur saying... I get boxes & then cut & crease them to make Pkgs as Compact as possible... without sacrificing Protection...

Is Ur car an '85 ? They have kinda a "Herringbone Pattern"... 84's have a Slightly different Pattern...more of an actual Strip across...

LMK on that... as I do have '84's as well

·
Registered
24 Posts
$35 for a Pair .... $20 if U want just one side... (Please specify Driver or Passenger )
I will take both if they are blue. Let me know if it works better for if I come to pick them up and see if there is anything else available I may be interested in.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
had SEVEN Supras 5 years ago... down to 2 ... so the Trailer has parts from a good FOUR cars... so yeah make a list of what Ur after... & as long as I have spares for myself... I'll sell the excess/stuff I have multiples of...

Where R U located/coming from ??

Cheers,

·
Registered
24 Posts
had SEVEN Supras 5 years ago... down to 2 ... so the Trailer has parts from a good FOUR cars... so yeah make a list of what Ur after... & as long as I have spares for myself... I'll sell the excess/stuff I have multiples of...

Where R U located/coming from ??

Cheers,
I am located in Mississauga. My driver side mirror is loose and vibrating (glass). Do you have one? I am also looking for a blue plastic panel in front of the right rear speaker, mine is cracked.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I am located in Mississauga. My driver side mirror is loose and vibrating (glass). Do you have one? I am also looking for a blue plastic panel in front of the right rear speaker, mine is cracked.
The driver's side mirror was working AFAIK.. but car's been sitting for a couple years now.

A) I've started to pull the Engine fr the car.. & all the wiring has been disconnected ...so can't test it normally.

B) it has what I call "Wind Burn" on the outside Black plastic ... which you'd have to sand & paint ...Are you OK with that ?

If so...can U do some research & find out what pins on the connector are positive & negative ?Once I know that... I can hook up a couple of Commercial Factory Exit light batteries & get 12 volts at Low Amperage .... to test it...

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
The driver's side mirror was working AFAIK.. but car's been sitting for a couple years now.

A) I've started to pull the Engine fr the car.. & all the wiring has been disconnected ...so can't test it normally.

B) it has what I call "Wind Burn" on the outside Black plastic ... which you'd have to sand & paint ...Are you OK with that ?

If so...can U do some research & find out what pins on the connector are positive & negative ?Once I know that... I can hook up a couple of Commercial Factory Exit light batteries & get 12 volts at Low Amperage .... to test it...
& Yes, I'd have the (Blue) Panel U are looking for ... U should make a list of any particular Blue Interior pcs U need ....99% chance I'll have 85% of what U need... in good shape...

Cheers,

·
Registered
24 Posts
& Yes, I'd have the (Blue) Panel U are looking for ... U should make a list of any particular Blue Interior pcs U need ....99% chance I'll have 85% of what U need... in good shape...

Cheers,
I plan to come by with the Supra and we can see what needs to be replaced. She is in good shape so, I don't really need many things. My mirror is working good but the glass shakes. I want to find a mirror that I can practice to take apart so I don't use mine in case I break the glass. I am okay if yours doesn't work.

Let me know if coming to your place works for you and when it will be a good time to come.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1984 P-Type
53 Posts
Hi, I'm looking for L + R rust free front hub/knuckle/lower struts as well as a LSD and a pair of rust free trailing arms. and a Left , drivers side 'B' pillar trim.

I'm in Toronto. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Hi, I'm looking for L + R rust free front hub/knuckle/lower struts as well as a LSD and a pair of rust free trailing arms. and a Left , drivers side 'B' pillar trim.

I'm in Toronto. Thanks.
I'll be posting pics of the B Pillars...likely sell them to the Highest bidder... just bought an '83 & need the $$ fr the parts... to Offset the cost of the new car...

Doubt I'll have time to take the Front stuff off...

As far as Rear Suspension arm someone has already requested 1 ... so only the other side might be available...

Not going to be doing the Major big stuff... until like the 1st week of Sept... when I can put whole car on a Flat bed Trailer...

I'll let U know what's available...

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Do you still have the factory stereo?
I only have 1 here at my house... I'm going to take it to my Cousin who's a Electronics Tech... until he got out of it...

He used to fix all my OEM Stereo's ... & configured a Harness to test them....maybe he even has a Cassette lying around...

Anyway, there are about 4 ppl wanting one... & I'm not entirely sure if I've got more in the Storage Trailer... but if I do... will have NP selling them...

So keep checking this Post for an Update...

Cheers,

·
Registered
15 Posts

I need the Xtn Radiator Support Black Plastic Thing .. LH side : 53288-14030 ?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I need the Xtn Radiator Support Black Plastic Thing .. LH side : 53288-14030 ?
I think U mean the Radiator "Shroud " ?? if so... yes I have 1 to sell... I'll take a pic... & send U ... to make sure we are on the same page... thinking of the same part...

What 's ur address including postal code/zip... so I can get U a shipping quote...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think U mean the Radiator "Shroud " ?? if so... yes I have 1 to sell... I'll take a pic... & send U ... to make sure we are on the same page... thinking of the same part...

What 's ur address including postal code/zip... so I can get U a shipping quote...
sorry i should have been clearer - i mean this part - Toyota call it a Radiator Support Extension ?

21 - 40 of 51 Posts