Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
83 Turbo '84 Dk Blue Auto-> 5 Spd... '85 ..gradually acquiring parts to Turbo ... have 82 Engine
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Dave,

hello, I think we've sold each other stuff over the years.. Any rate, I need a small A/C hardline that is inside the evaporator. It needs to be from an 83 - 85 (or 86) MKII. I understand you are not wanting to spend time taking parts off, but this small line is all I need, not the entire evap. I have a Wanted post made for it in the Wanted Section, so please read that if you think you might have it and would be willing to take the case apart (easy) and unbolt the line. Its attached to the expansion valve... probably take 5 minutes to remove from the evap.

thanks for your time,
Rick

Hi Rick ... the only reason I was considering parting out the '85... was that I didn't have room on my property for 3 Supras Jetta Winterbeater... & an enclosed Trailer... Managed to get a place to Store the '85... so back to the original plan of Turbo-ing it... So other than actual Engine parts I have excess of... I'm not selling anything else off ot it.

I might already have the part Ur after ...from another car... but it could be ANYWHERE... inside a 53 ft Trailer...
I'll keep an eye out for it ... as I'm organizing other stuff... but can't spend the time ... just looking for 1 single small part...

Cheers,

·
Registered
83 Turbo '84 Dk Blue Auto-> 5 Spd... '85 ..gradually acquiring parts to Turbo ... have 82 Engine
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Yes... When parting out a car... I don't even TRY to removed ANY of the bolts for door Handles/Door Cylinders...

Instead... (If the door isn't good) ... I CUT around the entire door handle ...so it is still attached to the Metal... The bolts/nuts can then easily be SOAKED GOOD Penetrating Oil (NOT WD40 ) ... & GENTLY removed without breaking off.

I'll want to keep at least 1 set as a backup... so will have to see how many 84 sets I have in Total. Definitely NOT selling an '85 set .. (which is illuminated.)..

I will let be in touch ... if I have a set to sell...

Cheers

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Whereabouts R U in Canada ?? & LMK if U need anything else... as I can keep an eye out ... as I'm going about Organizing all the other parts...

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Shud have BVSV valve for sure... but don't have "new" intake piping... unless U mean "New ...to YOU " lol

U can email me directly fr here on in... will be easier... blacksupraman at g mail. dot com

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Hello, looking for an 84/85 Supra oil pan, anyone?
Yes, I've got an 84 pan... already off car...& dry... PM me with a Proper email... so I can send pics to U.

Also provide Zip... so I can get shipping quote...

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
The one on the '85 is good... but I'm pretty sure the mileage isn't that low... I don't need the Engine as I'm putting an '83 Endinge in... that can be Turbo'd ... Besides the fact that I wanted to get started on a Turbo set up for the '85... the only reason I was pulling that Engine... is because the Engine to tranny Oil Seal... was Toast ... & U pretty much have to pull the Engine... to change a $10 Seal... so I figured I might as well get the Lower Compression Engine in.

I'll check the odometer on the '85 by next week sometime...

Cheers, Dave

·
Registered
669 Posts
The one on the '85 is good... but I'm pretty sure the mileage isn't that low... I don't need the Engine as I'm putting an '83 Endinge in... that can be Turbo'd ... Besides the fact that I wanted to get started on a Turbo set up for the '85... the only reason I was pulling that Engine... is because the Engine to tranny Oil Seal... was Toast ... & U pretty much have to pull the Engine... to change a $10 Seal... so I figured I might as well get the Lower Compression Engine in.

I'll check the odometer on the '85 by next week sometime...

Cheers, Dave
Thanks Dave. The mileage thing is not that big a deal since I will probably have the head reconditioned anyway. For me it's more important that it's from an 85 and that the head has no cracks in it (from valve openings to spark plug opening). Question though, are you selling the head and block only as one complete unit, or can I just get the head from you? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Thanks Dave. The mileage thing is not that big a deal since I will probably have the head reconditioned anyway. For me it's more important that it's from an 85 and that the head has no cracks in it (from valve openings to spark plug opening). Question though, are you selling the head and block only as one complete unit, or can I just get the head from you? Thanks.
The Engine is only partially unbolted fr car... I'd need to bring it back to my house & get the Engine out completely before I could take the head off...

Prob is.. I m having my (other) Hip replaced in 6 wks...& there's about 10 projects (including completely retiling my Bthrm AND installing Hardwood floor in my Master Bdrm... (both of which are completely gutted ATM)... that I have to have done... while I am physically able.

Realistically... I don't/won't have time to do that... until I'm almost fully recovered/rehab-ed....which would be like November....

So unless U can wait that long... I can't help U ... I guess ...LMK if somehow different

Cheers,

·
Registered
669 Posts
Thanks for letting me know Dave. Let's play it by ear for now then. If I find another head sooner, great. If not then November it is :) Good luck with the surgery, hopefully you'll bounce back quickly.🤞

Regards,

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Good luck on the surgery, hope your back up and running soon.
I REALLY have to enter what ppl are after into a Spreadsheet so I can keep track of what I need to look for... by doing a Printout & keepin g 1 copy at home... & taping another to Trailer door...

... I have an Oil Pan dry & Ready to go for U....

I think U already gave me Ur Zip... so I will get a quote on shipping & get back to U tonite with pics.& a quote..

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Yes I think I still have an extra Rear Cargo cover I can sell U ...& possibly a Rear side Marker... I'll have to see how many I have left... for each... PM me with an Email... so I can send pics.. plus give me Zip code for me to get shipping quote...

Cheers,

81 - 98 of 98 Posts