Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

PARTS AVAILABLE FROM 84 5M part out ... Until July 31st 2020

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Nuke78 
#1 ·
Swapping a 5M Engine that has a BHG (Blown Head Gasket) ... in order to put an '83 ... so that it can eventually be Turbo'd . Engine was running fine until BHG ... but was not the Original Engine so do not know the actual Engine Mileage... but I wouldn't have bothered putting in a High Mileage engine to begin with... so it WAS a good Engine & pulled nicely.

If told now.... will take easily unbolted (mostly external parts) off to sell.... before taking Main Block for Scrap this Thurs July 31st, 2020 .

Oil Pan available (Already Drained Dry) ...However, need stuff like Alt, AC Compressor etc for Engine going in....

Best to PM me with actual Email address if you want Pics...

Cheers,

#3 ·
If you re referring to the small one directly in front of the hood... I am keeping that for myself...sorry... may have a pair of B Pillars to sell... haven't decided yet if I have enough spares for myself...

In General.... I don't want to be selling a Part.... only to need it like 2 years down the line... & then have to replace it/source it out from someone else... So some key things that are made of "Unobtainium" I keep in the VAULT lol...

Sorry bout that...

#4 ·
Had Major stuff/hassles going on with a Job... but now have resigned completely... so just now starting to get my life back on track...

With all the stuff going on ... wasn't able to get Engine pulled... so only now will have time within the next week or so to do so... so individual Parts are available (until about Sept 15th) ... before I take the Block (Mainly) to the Metal Recyclers

So LMK if anyone is needing anything...

Cheers,

#6 ·
I've just recently screwed up my Shoulder & now likely have to go in for Surgery.... so still haven't got the Engine out.... However at this point it's painful just putting on my Pants... so there's No way I can pull the Engine ATM... much less get the Crankshaft out.

So best to make other arrangements.cuz AFAIK it could be 6 months before I can do any work on cars

Cheers,

Reactions: drftsupramk2
#10 ·
MOST parts (particularly Engine parts) are interchangeable... but there are quite a few differences for each of '83 , 84 & 85... I don't have time to go over the big differences at the moment... but it sounds like U are looking for the whole Turn Stalk assembly which (for the 84 & 85) has Headlight Switch on 1 side of the Steering wheel & the Turn signal & Wiper switch on the other. The 83 Style has Cruise control dial & Wiper switch (I believe) ... built into the Instrument Cluster Surround... So even tho an 84/85 would physcally fit on the Steering Wheel Shaft... the wiring is likely different.

Whenever asking for any parts... it's a good Habit to get into ... of Specifying the year ..& Interior & Exterior Colour ...if U are looking for Interior or Exterior body parts... So which year do U have?

Cheers,

#14 ·
Hi Dave. Awesome. Thank you so much. Would you be willing to call my husband Bob to talk details. Yes, we still need the part and potentially others if you have them.
He can be reached at 847-567-0581
OK for now would prefer to go thru Email... as I just started a new job & can't answer/take calls while at work... plus really have to focus on Job... as I've been out of the Trade for a yr & a half...
t
He can email me directly blacksupraman@gmail.com

Cheers,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.