Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parts available from blue '83 L-type.

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Chrisfrom1986 
#1 ·
Hey y'all,
As posted elsewhere in this forum, my blue car is history when it comes to the street. So, since it is also getting warmer up here, I am ready to start parting out some parts of it.
The car is blue exterior, blue interior.
I'm thinking it will be easier to say what I want to keep, so here goes. Anything not in this list is either broken from the two accidents that took it off the road, or for sale.
I am keeping: the engine, and pretty much anything that makes it run or is bolted directly to it (ps pump, a/c compressor). Tranny, clutch and related parts, driveshaft, and diff are staying.
From what I can think offhand, anything else is for sale, most likely for next to nothing besides shipping costs...depending on how much time it takes to remove wanted parts.
Anything from the interior can go...although the dash is in really poor shape. Inside door panels are pretty good, besides the "pockets" falling off or cut right off. A couple of the seats have small cig burns in them (I don't smoke, they were there when I got the car), but other than that, they are in pretty decent shape. Inside panels next to rear seat are pretty good, as far as I can recall. Seatbelts (driver one for sure) worked great! Driver seatbelt's latch (male side) is broken, so it falls to the floor when the seatbelt retracts. (I think the passenger side is good.) Both seatbelt rectractor mechanisms work awesome. Rear retractors I'm not sure about...but AFAIK they work fine.
Gauges are Canadian (km/h) analog style (needles, not the "lightbar" tach). AFAIK they all work great...speedo is the old style which only goes to 140 km/h.
Other stuff....brakes worked awesome, so I'm assuming the master cylinder is in great shape! Front end parts...grill has been painted red and green, but I'm sure it can simply be painted black, again. Front bumper cover is good, from what I can remember, front "skirt" is wrecked. Headlight pods, motors, etc. Foglights are gone, front left signal smashed. Front right is good. Side marker lights all around are still good (not cracked/smashed). Passenger side mirror is good...motors work for adjusting all four directions.
Anything else you can think of that you might need...I might just have it for you, if it's not in my "keeping" list! PM me or reply in this thread.
Thanks!
EDIT: Even stuff that is in my "keeping" list...I may be willing to part with it. :EDIT

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: ok then

black cat said:
How much do you want for the instrument cluster and the intake (the whole intake) unless that's on you "list" which seems like it could potentially be everything except for some rags in the trunk..
I am keeping: the engine, and pretty much anything that makes it run or is bolted directly to it
looks like your out. took me 2 seconds to read that, if you had, you wouldnt have wasted 2 posts.

#5 ·
Kevin: IIRC the center console is...lol I can't remember! I'll have to check on the weekend...when I pull the tarp off again...I will get a couple pics. I only have disposable cameras at my disposal (pun intended :p ) so I'd have to get the photos developed then...I want to fill up that film yet anyway.
black cat: PM sent.
Oh and chrisfromda909: Not to just burn you or anything...I just realized that I will be able to switch some stuff around...such as an intake! (Have two 5MGE's, one shot but intake still on it.) So everyone, I am open to offers on stuff in my "keep" list...although it's kinda iffy. If you need it and you're not sure if I want to keep it, PM me.

#7 ·
lol You mean my sig pic? That's my car's pose! lol Since the Tercel is a 4x4, I had to get some pics of the suspension working a little bit...so I found a mound in the backyard of the shop I work at. That was the best photo out of the film I have developed...the best pics are still waiting to be developed.
And hey man I hope you didn't take that personally...I have nothing against you...I just realized I had slightly mis-stated my first post. I should put an edit at the bottom of that post yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.