Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone on here has a Paypal debit card.

It is getting old having to transfer the money to my bank and wait the 2-4 days it takes before I can access the money.

If you do have one, what do you think? worth it?
I dont believe there is any cost to it (but I could be wrong so I guess Im asking that too)?

Thanks
Scott

·
Super Moderator
8,567 Posts
There is no reason on earth I can think of to purposely keep money in a paypal account. Transfer it to a real bank ASAP so you have some protection.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It gets spent pretty fast and would be spent before I spend whats in my actual bank account (so money is only sitting in my bank not paypal).

We all know money comes goes out as fast as it comes in (specially when your out of work).

But I see where your coming from.

Another reason is ocassionally I get put in the position where I cant withdraw the money because I am over the 500 dollar limit (500 dollar per month limit on withdrawing to bank) Then it has to sit till the next month.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I have one..and have had one for many years. Never any issues. A bank account is a bank account. With my business account, I earn 1.5 % cash back on majority of purchases.
-Aaron

·
Super Moderator
8,567 Posts
I have one..and have had one for many years. Never any issues. A bank account is a bank account. With my business account, I earn 1.5 % cash back on majority of purchases.
-Aaron
Except paypal isn't a bank so your money isn't guranteed. They can swipe your money anytime they want and your only recourse would be to sue them. They locked my account down a couple of years ago at random and despite 10 hours on the phone getting a run around they unlocked it at random a couple of months later.

None of my other banks have spectacular service, but at least I can usually contact someone.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
I use my credit car whenever possible (that is through my bank account) in paypalfor an extra level of protection between my chequing account and the internet, or paypal themselves.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well again, Im not gonna try to leave money in the paypal account. But if I can have a card directly connected for free it would be nice so if I cant/dont wanna wait the transfer time I can have access to it.

·
Registered
562 Posts
-Aaron
+1

My experience has been exactly the same with my PayPal debit card. If I know I am going to make a big purchase I have actually put money into my PayPal account just so I get the 1.5% cash back. Works great for hotel rooms or the like.

·
Registered
599 Posts
+2 Business account earning cash back....I have had a paypal account/debit card since they opened the doors...never an issue.

+1

My experience has been exactly the same with my PayPal debit card. If I know I am going to make a big purchase I have actually put money into my PayPal account just so I get the 1.5% cash back. Works great for hotel rooms or the like.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Get a paypal debit card. ANY bank can freeze your account. Paypal issues these cards through J P Morgan Chase Bank. They are free and like the other guys said you can earn interest on money in there. Opening a business account is easy. Just make up a name and you are set. My account is called Ackley's Stuff...my last name is Ackley and I am selling stuff! Your money is guaranteed just like any other place you keep it. I don't earn interest on my normal debit bank account! Just get one it is the quick smart way to get at your money!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts