Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fully rebuilt long block. I need to clean pcv system on my 5mge. It's blowing oil into combustion chambers. Does anybody know where to start?

·
Premium Member
5,561 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also have this problem. With 374,000 miles on it, I think I am getting a lot of blow-by when down shifting, and the engine gets pushed. Enough that it pops the dipstick up out of the tube and dumps a little oil on hot exhaust. Instant smoke screen!!
I read that there is a venturi in the intake manifold that needs cleaned out, but I can't find it.
I tried putting a vent in the hose that was indicated in the above post, but now it just pushes oil out of there. Less smoke, but that whole side of the bay is an oily mess. And when I drive sporty, I have to add oil twice as often as I add gas.
Yes I know that sooner or later I am going to have to admit the engine needs rebuilt... but I will still need to find that venturi

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Your engine has a lot of miles,like mine was. I used 15-50 oil towards the end of its days with reduced oil consumption and less smoking. There is a restricted orifice on the rear of the Throttle body.I tapped into it for my catch can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts