Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the pep boys in my town, the town next to mine, and the town I work in all closed last week. Anyone else lose a pep boys? Apparently they closed 33 nationwide. Maybe they invested too much money in all that FnF crap :lol:

Christian

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Racefiend said:
Well, the pep boys in my town, the town next to mine, and the town I work in all closed last week. Anyone else lose a pep boys? Apparently they closed 33 nationwide. Maybe they invested too much money in all that FnF crap :lol:

Christian
Could mean a big sale on rice :lol:

·
Registered
189 Posts
wonder if theirs anything on their website about it???
should cheak it out maybe they'll go out of buisness completly lol.
honduh's suck lol FnF wasn't that great except for the mk4 that was pretty nice in the first one and the mk2 that was in that one split second shot lol.

Dan

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
They closed one in Portland just a few months after opening.

Overexpansion.

·
Registered
9,445 Posts
Anyone in the PacNW that is up in Everett, can they check on the one that is in South Everett (near the Everett Mall) close by where Pac Highway ends & see if that one is still around???

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Looked like it was open yesterday Chris.I'll look again on my way to work.

·
Founding Member
6,423 Posts
Hmmm. On the way home from work today I took Lancaster just to scan the note lots for old Supras like I sometimes do and I thought it odd that there were only two cars parked in front of the Pep Boys at Lancaster & Edgewood Terrace. Usually the parking lot is nearly full. Next closest to me is 8 miles away and I hope its not gone too. Pep Boys was always had a better selection of car care products, engine paints and just odd little bits that Autozoned and OhReally's didn't carry. What really sucked was when Gateway was bought out by OhReally's. Gateway always had miscellaneous nuts and bolts and fasteners and if you just needed ONE, they'd just give it to you rather than ring up a sale for 25 cents. The first to fall I think was Western Auto. Some of my fondest memories of childhood were accompanying my dad to the Western Auto and browsing the store while they installed new tires on dad's Fairlane. They sold Craftsman hand tools and I bought a whole bunch of tools there before I even had my first car to work on. If this trend continues, I guess I'll be ordering all my parts over the internet before long.

Phil D.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Wow, Western Auto, I hven't heard that name in a while. Good reminder of good memories, thanks Phil.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
I think imma go check the Pepboys in my area to make sure they arent going away :x . But like Phil said they sure have a big selection of car care products :p

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
I think the one in S. Everett,should be around awhile.They are full service,and in place to compete with the expensive guys.Within 1/2 a mile or so,quite the mix.Les Scwabb,Penzoil Lube,Tranny Shop,Car Toys,.Dealers,Dodge,VW,Nissan,Mitsu,Honda,Ford.
Hell,parts stores in general are getting hard to find.The old Al's Auto Supply,is now a Blockbuster,it was like 10 blocks from me.The Napa,at about 8 blocks,is now wholesale only.Suck's (schucks) is only good for oil and shit,never have anything in stock,good for sunday's only.
We do have a few smaller independent's still,but they have bankers hours like I do,and aren't open sundays.Actualy,Can't complain too much,probably still 20 parts stores within 10 miles,plus the dealer.I just got spoiled by getting parts,and back to the house in less than 10 minutes.

·
Premium Member
6,116 Posts
Quit my &^&(^*)&)% Tranny parts job-Hard to sell what aint there-Started at Highland East Auto Parts in Renton, Wa. today-They are a true independent-No affiliation-So they have parts!-I used to work for Schucks from 84-87-In 84 they had 12 local stores-after 3 owner changes in 3 years they were Schucks/Checker/Kragen Norpac Dist with over 100 stores-Aint been the same since-I am still suprised at how badly they fd up market! All these places have the same crap hung on their walls-I can get or stock Redline, K&N, Etc.-Ask your locl Schucks Munkey bout that stuff! Off my Soapbox now-Mike P

1 - 12 of 12 Posts