Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have an '83 P type a/t that I've owned since new. The car at the time was my only "toy"... In the late 80's, I added a turbo, NOS, upgraded suspension, wheels, and custom body kit and paint. Unfortunately, with other car projects taking over (mainly American cars from the 50's and 60's), the car has been sitting mostly for the past few years (garaged). I start the car every once in a while, but it doesn't get driven much, if at all.

All the mods were done in Orange county where I used to live (the speed shop is not there anymore). I'm now looking for a shop in the Pasadena/L.A. area that can work on the car to get it up and running well. Preferably, a shop that can work on the nitrous system. Any suggestions??

Also, does anyone know of any smog stations in this area that can help me pass? The car has been in non op status.

Thanks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
i don't know any reputable shops in socal that work on mkii's...im still looking...you can take a chance with toysport (www.toysport.com) have heard good n bad things about them...so its your call.

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
the guy i bought my white 84 said he was screwed over by Toysport.
I bought the car and I have a lot of work to fix still. as for me i have no comment about their work. but like skip said i have hear good and bad things about them.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I've heard about one in Costa Mesa... I will post more when I find out more

·
Registered
247 Posts
I don't know if Toysport even does much work any more. I visited their shop a couple months ago and they said they didn't have anyone even part time to work on cars. It was just a bunch of guys sitting around taking phone calls and selling parts. If you can get them to do a lot of work I'd be pretty impressed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts