Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Period Correct Modified Supras Then & Now: Where are they now? (Pics)

There's two things I like in car culture. Old Supras and history. Well, since I've been into these cars I've gathered a lot of before and after photos. 90% of these I found by myself after spending my boring weekends tracing people on white pages and facebook. Here you go:

�� Starting off with my all time favorite. Multi magazine MK2 painted by Pete Santini in 1987 who also shaved the trim and door handles ($12,000 job). Owned by Shannon Kirkham from 1985 to 2015. I traced her down and got the old magazine photos from her. Now owned by Eddie who is a Supra enthusiast (well known in socal) who had it retouched by Santini and 2JZ swapped a couple years ago. I also gave her Eddie's Instagram page so they are in touch. Nice to see a car like this live on.

BEFORE:
Eddiemk4 supra by Shyzah, on Flickr
Shannon kirkham supra by Shyzah, on Flickr
AFTER:
2018-SH-Eddies-Supras-Santini-Trevor-Ryan_108-1200x800 (1) by Shyzah, on Flickr

�� MK1 Celica Supra Low Rider. I found out about it on a old forum post. Apparently it belonged to a drug dealer back in the day. About a decade ago he got caught and the rest is history. It's a shame that it ended up in the yard. Good thing I saved these after photos because they cannot be found anymore on the internet.

BEFORE:
mk1 supra lowrider by Shyzah, on Flickr

AFTER:
Screenshot_20181126-102527 by Shyzah, on Flickr
Screenshot_20181126-102505 by Shyzah, on Flickr
Screenshot_20181126-102538 by Shyzah, on Flickr

�� Fast and Furious MK2. Appeared in Fast and Furious. I still see it all the time. Was recently on Netflix show called Fastest Car

BEFORE:
Screenshot_20190929-235741_Instagram by Shyzah, on Flickr
In Fast & Furious
i241355 by Shyzah, on Flickr
With Vin Diesel
Vin diesel mk2 supra by Shyzah, on Flickr

AFTER:
eb20d4a5544931da4b84c6f309e2aff7 by Shyzah, on Flickr
41b4c33f3e9eccc1c79e85e0ba2575d2 by Shyzah, on Flickr

�� Hoshino Supras. There were 5+ cars in this SoCal group. T Top owned by Peter Han of Han's Automotive in SoCal in the 80s. One owned by Hank. Other, idc. I found three of the 4 red ones. One was spotted last year on the internet in San Diego. A photo of the T Top one surfaced on the internet a few years ago. Ones in a junkyard... So I guess only 2 Supra lives out of this group.

BEFORE:
VHS video of them:
cars05 by Shyzah, on Flickr
hoshino supra2 by Shyzah, on Flickr
cars16 by Shyzah, on Flickr

AFTER:
Screenshot_20181113-215852 by Shyzah, on Flickr
Screenshot_20181113-215243 by Shyzah, on Flickr
3Gb3L53N95L75N55G5caf9671f0cc919712d6 by Shyzah, on Flickr
og celica xx by Shyzah, on Flickr

�� Fury XX. Tastefully body kitted pre facelift MK2 with some Gotti rims (my 80s favorites <3). He sold it some time ago but the license plate is on his NSX and still lives on!

BEFORE:
Randy Chua Celica Supra 3 by Shyzah, on Flickr
Randy Chua Celica Supra 4 by Shyzah, on Flickr

AFTER:
fury xx plate randy chua by Shyzah, on Flickr

�� Zerodrag's Supra. One of my personal favorites. Tried to buy it a few times but didn't go as planned. One of the cleanest Supras I know of in SoCal.

BEFORE:
Before and after celica supras by Shyzah, on Flickr

AFTER:
zerodragNew4 by Shyzah, on Flickr

�� Manolo's Celica. He bought it new when he was 17 years old. Now it is a pile of rust but he does drive it still. Car was off the road for a few years but back on the road last year. He had some rust fixed on it this year and got it back and registered for 2020! I was thinking of buying it off of him but I got into MK1 Supras so I guess one of those is next on my list. I had a photo of the front of the car but can't find it.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

�� Bosozoku supra. The inverted hatch on this car was bought by a local Supra guy here in SoCal. I got these old magazine photos from him and what the car looks like now. Is being parted out.

BEFORE:
Nathan wolander supra by Shyzah, on Flickr

AFTER:

�� My mechanic's Supra. He saved it from sitting for a while and swapped a 2JZ recently. No clue whos it was before but it looks like it used to be nice with a molded kit.
20180923_083124 by Shyzah, on Flickr
20180923_114404 by Shyzah, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
I think I've seen the white "CelicaXX" at SIV.

And since I've been a big fan of these cars since they came out, and lived in SoCal during that time, I'm vaguely remember a couple of the others.

·
Super Moderator
10,479 Posts
Awesome thread! I love stuff like this too! :mymk22:

The owner of the F&F mk2 is a forum member btw, he pops up every now and then. I'm actually a big fan of the NetFlix Fastest Car show he got on, its a lot of fun (Season 2 just came out!).

Its always blown me away how old old cars are, and how many lives and owners they've had before they've come into your life. Especially cars that get traded between enthusiasts, they have had many many different looks and states of tunes at different points in time before you got it. Even the youngest mk2 today is nearly 33 years old, and the oldest is 38 (I don't think any 86 mk2s were actually made in 86 if you look at the build dates, but there are 82s made in 81). I am closing in on 20 years with my black 86, but it lived a full 15 years with its original owner before that. I expect I'll keep it till I die. We're in the End Game now peeps! Be careful who you sell or trade your cars too from here on out, or you'll find them at the boneyard or being parted online somewhere, all banged up, rusted out and abused.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome thread! I love stuff like this too! :mymk22:

The owner of the F&F mk2 is a forum member btw, he pops up every now and then. I'm actually a big fan of the NetFlix Fastest Car show he got on, its a lot of fun (Season 2 just came out!).

Its always blown me away how old old cars are, and how many lives and owners they've had before they've come into your life. Especially cars that get traded between enthusiasts, they have had many many different looks and states of tunes at different points in time before you got it. Even the youngest mk2 today is nearly 33 years old, and the oldest is 38 (I don't think any 86 mk2s were actually made in 86 if you look at the build dates, but there are 82s made in 81). I am closing in on 20 years with my black 86, but it lived a full 15 years with its original owner before that. I expect I'll keep it till I die. We're in the End Game now peeps! Be careful who you sell or trade your cars too from here on out, or you'll find them at the boneyard or being parted online somewhere, all banged up, rusted out and abused.
The Instagram page of the f&f supra is @javparada. He brings it everywhere. Recently it was at a food donation drive here in socal where a bunch of sick rides come.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10+ using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
Again, nice job, Shyzah!

The "period correct" young lady in the first couple of pix sure brings back the memories, too!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, and lol here she is with it in 2015.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10+ using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,756 Posts
Original '82 Spearco Supra...CARB legal for California Stage II

Sold in 2010ish for $3000 I should of bought it...

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
Awesome thread, cheers for posting all those "then and now" pics too. One car i'd really love to know the fate of is the HKS M300. I'd imagine it died a long long time ago, but a small part of me lives in hope!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts