Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Mark2 owners - as previously mentioned, I have started up a mailing list for Perth Celica/Supra owners and enthusiests in Perth, WA.
Send a message to:
[email protected]
if you wish to join.
hopefully we can then organise some meets and some cruises, etc etc. :D

Thanks
Damien
Perth, WA
TRD 83

·
Registered
229 Posts
Well done to Damo for getting this off the ground!

Hopefully this will start the ball rolling to some cruises, events, drags, socials, or whatever we all want to do.

For those who are list-shy: it needn't be a full-on discussion forum (we have Toymods & here for that), but a chance to talk about local parts, shops, cars and to organise some sorta club activities.

Also, I hope that we're not going to be too exclusive and let some of our subsupra brethren in ( :roll: ), like Peewee in his 6M "4 door Supra" (ie Cressi).

So, join up ya bastards :)

- Justin
JZA61

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey all!
Thanks for the support Justin! hopefully we have a few more ppl join up in Perth.
Whilst originally started for the Mk2 Supra owners of Perth - i most welcome other old school toyota owners such as the Cressida's, Celica's, Soarer's and such - or any sort of pre 90's vehicle with that personalised touch.
lets face it, anyone can go out and buy a R33 Skyline - but to see them beat by a 79 lift back Celica?! hehe Now thats cool!
Cheers
Damo
{representing the Ol' Skool}

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey guys!

I'll join up soon. :)

I'm glad there are a few other Perth members that come here. But I'm sure there was at least one or two others on this board...I forget their names...

So how many Perth MK2 owners have you discovered so far who are on the mailing list? I would love to meet up and talk about our cars because I don't know anyone in Perth who owns one...I feel so isolated but at the same time I feel good because I love driving/owning a rare car...I hardly ever see any MK2's...but I'd love to meet at least a few other owners to share idea's etc.

How long have you guys had your MK2 for?

8)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Join the list and find out!!!!!

Not many members ... yet.

Peter and I are going 1JZ. Chris has a 5MGTE and is working on a IJZ with a Megasquirt ECU. Rob has a 1UZFE and Nathan is working on a 1GGTE. Rob says he just bought his 22nd Supra. I've had mine for around 18 months.

With a few more of us we can also look at a group buy and a few outings. Track day?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey mr NiGHTS! Welcome aboard...
we are doing alright at the moment with our little group. around half a dozen old school owners so far.. not bad after a couple of weeks. Basically relying on word of mouth cos I know not too many people check out forums n such.
So if any of your friends got any MK2's or any old school cars for that matter - let em know to join us dood!

My Mk2 is running a 1GGEU - but I'm looking at the common 7MGTE transplant once the funds are available. I've had my Mk2 for almost 3 years now and its one of the best cars I've owned!! :D

If you wanna join us for a cruise, be sure to join the mailing list cos I have a feeling I'll try and get our little group together on a cruise this month!!

Cheers all
DAMO
TRD 83

·
Registered
147 Posts
Coolness! :)

I've had my MK2 for 5 years now. It's still got the trusty 5M-E engine. I would transplant a 7M-GTE or a 1JZ-GTE if I knew what to do and had all the tools/equipment etc. I think If I got a mechanic to do it, they would charge a fortune...what do you think? Do you guys know much about this sort of stuff...will you be doing the transplants yourself or...?

The other thing is, where and how do you get the engines from? I don't think I've ever seen a single one of these engines for sale here... :?

One last thing, how old are you guys and are you from North or South of the River...

Thanx guys...great to meet you!! 8)

NiGHTS

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah man - there's plenty of import places around Perth that can help you organise a half cut with the engine you desire. I have seen some of these engines offered privately also! For instance there is a 1jz engine for sale in the Quokka this week for around $1500 (don't quote me on the price).

Luckily i got a uncle and also a couple of friends in the mechanical business so I can get them to do all the tricky stuff when it comes to the engine conversion. But unless you are ready to spend some dollars to have it done right, I wouldn't worry about it - the 5M is a good little runner as far as I'm aware and there are quite a few performance enhancements u can do to squeeze the extra power out of your current engine! :)

as for the personal details - I'm a southy and I've recently reached the ripe old age of 23!!

I'll hopefully start up a little webpage/website soon with all our details on it and car details so everyone knows who to look out for on the streets.

Cheers fellas
DAMO
TRD 83

1 - 8 of 8 Posts