Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you do sleepy eyes with a mk2? if anyone has pix of this can youpost em ide like to see what they look like on a supra

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
lol, my parts car has sleepy eyes right now, but my digicam isnt here at the moment :(

it looks ok on my light blue car, i guess.
i never really got into the look that much, except for darker colored cars, then i think it really sets off the popups, makes them "Pop" so to speak.

·
Registered
830 Posts
wtf are sleepy eyes? lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
reason i ask is cuz i really think it looks cool on 240sx coupes(fark teh fastbacks)

·
Registered
7,111 Posts
cartman said:
wtf are sleepy eyes? lol
When the lights are half of the way up. making the car look like it as sleepy eyes :wink:

BTW there is someone on this forum with sleepy eyes on their Avatar its a white supra :p

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
man i'm not sure how good a mkII would look with sleepy eyes...

they are the car of the 80's... they are supposed to have BIG ANGULAR HEADLIGHTS that scream "I AM COMING!!!!!!"

·
Registered
174 Posts
on my "too see" list would be the lights made to go half way up, with lower profile lights installed... sorta like the fog lights.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Greg,

Leslie did get the Erebuni panel, but I don't think he's real happy with it's condition. Evidently it was the last one they had, and some mounting bolts or attachment points are missing. Erebuni made it clear that the panel cannot be returned -- it was close-out item. Also, he doesn't seem to be real excited about the quality of the piece in general - he told me that he'll be able to make it work, just needs to have some stuff done to it.

By the way, I was looking at pics of your white car (again) -- damn you did a NICE job of restoring that Mk2. It's gorgeous!

Take care...

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
*adds to the puddle of drool caused by the vents* :D

damn, those are nice, now i have another thing to add to my list of wanted items.

·
Registered
178 Posts
*drools as well* Those are really nice vents, would love to have those for cooling as well as looks.

As for the sleepy lights I don't quite like them on supra's... or any other car that didn't come stock with them. I do like them on the 300zx which came with them but otherwise everytime I see a car with them I just think it looks like it's trying to be a 300zx. Maybe it's just me.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Supraa_luva said:
*drools as well* Those are really nice vents, would love to have those for cooling as well as looks.

As for the sleepy lights I don't quite like them on supra's... or any other car that didn't come stock with them. I do like them on the 300zx which came with them but otherwise everytime I see a car with them I just think it looks like it's trying to be a 300zx. Maybe it's just me.
they look hot on 240sx's...

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
sleepy eyes are done with any 84+ light combo switch, just turn em off, wait till they start to drop turn up 1 click. do it all the time on my 82, had replaced w/ a 86 xtra combo switch after my horn and flashers wouldn't work anymore.

·
Registered
138 Posts
lookie at my avatar, i think sleepy eyes look cool on our supras, much better looking than say an AE86 with em, i think its because their light housing curves down to the bumber and just gives a weird look

·
Registered
138 Posts
oh, BTW i just did it with the manual open scre next to the headlights, also makes a good place to sit things when working under the hood :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts