Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.celicasupra.com/damonmeet3/index.htm

12 cars showed, in addition to Damons cars.

Longest trip award goes to: mkIISupraman18 and his dad....they drove 10 hours from IN!

It was good seeing everyone, fortunately we have a solid Mk2 following in this area. These are just my pics, more should follow in the next few days.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
A great day for a meet - the Supra gods granted us nice weather as well. As always, these things are way too short. Kudos to Damon Saul for providing a suitable hosting spot.

Good work on the pictures Mr. Malloy. I especially love the gun metal grey Volkswagen with the badass tips... :crazyeye:

In case anyone is wondering who I am when you are browsing the pics...I have one hint....TALK TO THE HAND! :lol: :roll:

Phil G.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Lots of great cars!! I have to say that Johon's (SupraLuvr's) car has definately set the bar! Incredible looking car!!

Of course, both (or technically, all three if ya count mine) of Greg G's cars looked great as usual!

mkIISupraman18 and his Dad did an Awesome job on their car as well! Definately an original car, with lots of effort and hard work that really showed. (In case anyone is wondering, its the Kawasaki Green one) Definately looking forward to seeing what direction he chooses to go now with it!

·
Registered
8,519 Posts
I want to thank everyone who participated today. - the turnout really exceeded my expectations! I know Damon was impressed when he saw 7 mk2's roll in all at once. I believe 12 cars showed up in all. It was a gorgeous Autumn day with cold crisp air which these old cars love to inhale.

Briefly, here is the owner list from the lineup photo that Mike attached:

Dk Blue 84P - Greg G
Lt Blue 84P - Mike R
Kawa Green 82P - Matt & Walter
Black 83P - Curt C
White 84P - Bruce M
Black 84P - Bob K
White Celica Notch - Joe B
SDR 85P - Dennis & Nancy
White 85P - Greg G (piloted by Phil G)
Black 85P - Jehan P
Deep Maroon 84L - Kurt R
Primer 84 - Rich

and of course, countless mk1's and 2's belonging to Damons which aren't pictured. He has a stable full of late 70's Celicas too.

Jehan's 7MGTE conversion was sure to impress. He did most all the work on it himself too. Next time I want a ride in that monster.

Long distance traveler awards go to Kurt R from VA, Rich from DC, and Matt & Walter all the way from IN!!! It was a pleasure meeting you guys.

I hope to be receiving more pix from people via email - so check back soon for additional shots!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Wow! :shock:

Some truly beautiful Supras there...the black '85 of Jehan...WOW! Can I be first in line to buy that one? Weekends are my big work days so I unfortunately couldn't make this one, I've got to get out and meet you guys and see the cars though, hopefully next year, I should be gte by that time too(hopefully anyway).

Eric

·
Registered
Hot Wheels
535 Posts
8) Sweet cars guys and nice pictures, the green supra looks nice good paint., I like seeing dif supras & celicas,
I but love the SDR. Others go without saying :hail:

·
Registered
749 Posts
Wow you guys. That meet was AWESOME! I even got my dad to agree. Although he thought that driving 10 hours there, looking and finding nothing for 4 hours, almost....well..........giving up.....and then hearing a voice from behind saying, "Hey, ahve you found the spot yet?" Thank God for Mobil1 and Kawasaki Green paint! It's a sing or something..... I was meant to see some bad-ass Supras that day. Thanks for stopping and pickin me up everyone! I honestly owe you all one! We made it there and back without incident, drove all the way through last night........We arrived back in Westport at 4 am, I wonder if Starbucks stock went up last night cuz I sure drank a lot of their product. The reason we were so late getting in, I lost my stupid ticket for the turnpike, we had to tear apart the dash to find it. DONT put them between the radio and the ash-tray..............I wont anymore. Also, those tunnels....... OMG..... its a shame they were only 55, cuz if I woulda got a ticket....... :pat: I would LOVE to hear a big convoy go through one of those. But anyway, it just goes without saying, East Coast boys got some NICE Supra, to say the least. I'm looking forward to coming to the EnglishTown meet, and I hope ya'll can make it out for one in Indiana one fo these days. By the way though, I need some picks of the Supras going down the HighWay! PLEASE! :puppydog: [email protected]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Guys: Finally signed up. Had a great time yesterday. Nice seeing some old friends again. Even better making new ones. Hope to see everyone again soon. Damon, when is the next meet?
Hoping everyone has a great holiday season.
BAM!!!
1984 White "P"
77k miles turned over on the trip home!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gentlemen,

I too finally signed up, I had the Metallic Light Blue '84 at last weekends meet. Had a greattime looking forward for the next... Hats off to Greg and Damon for getting it together.

I edited a short film of the meet with clips i shot on the road and still shots, is there anyway I can up load it to this page, I totally open to suggestions.

Mike

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
In Australia, pensioners buy Jetta's.
Too funny. My dad is thinking of getting a TDI Jetta when he retires in the next few years.

Hey Malloy, what is with the VW fascination anyway? They are nice cars, but no MK2. At least tell me yours is a 4motion.

Are all your tail lights working? Seems to be a common problem on those cars. Why?

·
Premium Member
7,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No fascination, I just like it for a daily beater. Also, its a great joke topic as I handle this mk2 site...and drive a VW haha. Its runs 14s, sounds great, has 6 gears, great interior, handles good (with mods) has a huge aftermarket (which I get access to for killer prices) and it pulls me through bad weather....oh and my company pays for it :) Heater cores dont crap out, the a/c works, the diff doesnt clunk, it doesnt run 16s, it doesnt smoke, the ride once the suspension modded is still reasonably comfortable, oh and its a newer car. I would never ever want a mk2 as a daily driver given my situation.

Never heard about tail light issues. However, the 1.8 turbo motors had the biggest recall I can recall on coil packs. Im on my way to a 35k mile year,(with my VR6) and no issues.

Just wait till the mk5 TDIs come out...low 15sec 1/4 miles and 40+mpg?? Theres a cool daily driver...

rsdeo said:
In Australia, pensioners buy Jetta's.
Too funny. My dad is thinking of getting a TDI Jetta when he retires in the next few years.

Hey Malloy, what is with the VW fascination anyway? They are nice cars, but no MK2. At least tell me yours is a 4motion.

Are all your tail lights working? Seems to be a common problem on those cars. Why?

·
Supra since '86
5,472 Posts
Malloy

Sounds good, but I'll stick to keeping the MK2. A true car enthusiast loves all cars, not just one brand, model..etc.

I have to admit that having a wide range of aftermarket parts for your car is nice and makes things easy. It is fun though to come up with your own solutions. Good thing I have access to a machine shop, also my father and uncle to help if I need it.

Funny thing is I'm working on a project for the MK2 that will be of interest to some and I may be utilizing a part from VW to complete it.

More on that soon.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts