Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what to do right now, so I decided to share some pics my 2jz swap in progress.....

1st, the car

than removal of the engine (all by myself :D)

Cleaning the engine bay....

than we removed all the front panel for easier access to engine bay and to avoid 'accident'

and now, the engine is finally install in the car

More pics to come, I'm far from a 1st test drive.....

·
Registered
759 Posts
wow, you have a couple nice rides man. No hatin' on the piggy those are nice rides (what happened to the piggy emoticon??). So when is this beast gonna be done? I think I speak for everyone . .. .MORE PICS PLEASE!!!!! :good:

·
Registered
15,045 Posts
yeah, what did you do for mounts?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
we modified the crossmember similar to what norbie did, but we used square tubing and 1/4 plate welded to the cross member to make it stronger....

Why we removed the front. By taking off the front bumper, we have an extra 2 feet to work in the engine bay and to fit the large IC, and once front but is off, takes about 5 minutes to take off the front fender. It's a little bit more work, but this way, we will avoid any body scratch.....

More pics to come soon... :D

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Very nice, I wish I would have spent more time on my engine bay while it was empty. O well just an excuse to pull the motor for my turbo install, which I plan to do anyway.

Has anyone noticed that once you pull a motor, its becomes a much easeir thing to do again?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Engine finnally in it final place :D

MooSeviSion1 said:
what are you doing with the old motor, just curious?
Engine was leaking oil from all possible area.....it will eventually be rebuilt and put it back in a nice mkii.....maybe, don't know yet.....

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
935motorsports said:
awesome!

please let me get you a new radiator... a stocker is not going to be up to the "water cooled oil cooler" task of a twin turbo engine...
I think Norbie is running a stock rad and it's seems to be fine.

But I'm looking forward for the JK group buy

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.