1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
516 Posts
Hey vern where exactly are they used , for the negative camber in the rear ? sorry for the dum qustion

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
>>
Hey vern where exactly are they used , for the negative camber in the rear ? sorry for the dum qustion
>>

No, these are replacements for the factory swaybar end-link mount points on the rear control arms. When you install stiffer swaybars, these are prone to breakage. I've got a pair of Addco bars, and have been without a rear swaybar for about 3 years now due to this.

Heh, I *wish* I had a quick fix for the rear camber!!! :D

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Installed yet?

Hi, Vern.

Are they installed yet?
Jake told me to wait on sending money until you'd approved the design.

Are they OK?

Thanks,

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't installed them yet, I haven't even had time to compare them side to side with the stock mounts... They just showed up in the mail today. Hopefully I will have time to compare them tomorrow. The quality looks to be top notch, so I'm giving them a tentative approval.

·
Registered
58 Posts
you know I work for a metal Fab company. If you all needed those made I could design though out pretty quick and it there was a minial number I could have them ran for sale.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
>>
you know I work for a metal Fab company. If you all needed those made I could design though out pretty quick and it there was a minial number I could have them ran for sale.
>>

Jake, the guy who's making these, owns or runs (not sure which) a sheet metal shop. He's already got the design done, and is ready to crank out all the sets that are needed as soon as I give the thumbs up on the prototypes. If you really wanted to make them, and think you can beat $30 a pair, go for it... But I think all the folks that want them are going to be taken care of. **Shrug**

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Thanks Vern! Looks like I'll be ordering a set of these also. I experienced the breakage 4 times on my Celica GTS and that was just with an upgrade to urethane bushings! I can't imagine the stress that poor little tab will go thru on the Supra once I get the Addco's installed.

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
Scott

·
Registered
991 Posts
You know I would have sworn that I saw an email address to confirm an order with Jake last night and now for the life of me I can't find it.

Vern, can you post how to get ahold of him again for us old farts who are brain dead. I promise I will put in a request for 2 sets. Sounds like Malloy is in for a set as well soooooo that would be more than double the orders as of yesterday.

Leslie

·
Registered
58 Posts
ah cool, probably couldn't beat $30 just do to fact we are a high volume shop.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Ok, I just sent an email requesting 2 sets. There have to be more of us who are willing to buy a set for a rainy day......

Leslie

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
>>
I experienced the breakage 4 times on my Celica GTS and that was just with an upgrade to urethane bushings!
>>

I *thought* I remembered reading about someone going through a ton of control arms just because of urethane bushings! Yeah, the Addco rear bar is much much stronger than the stock bar... I could bend the stock one into a pretzel (comparatively) but the Addco doesn't budge, even when I put all my weight down on it with one end on the ground!

I'm just relieved that I've finally found a good set of replacements for the mounts, now that I'm expecting my new Tru-Trac any day now (Thanks to Sean at River City Diffs!!!) and I can do *all* my rear end work at one time! And believe me, I have a list a mile long:

new urethane control arm bushings
new tru-trac
replace Tokico shocks (not really worn out but hey, they're under warranty)
new e-brake cables
new sway bar end link mounts
re-install rear sway bar w/ new greasable bushings
tweak subframe mods to reduce negative camber some more
rear brakes/adjust e-brakes
bleed brakes at all wheels

and I'm sure I'm missing something there... I'm gonna be under this car for days!!! I think I'll like the 3.73 gears, though :D

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I was also waiting for the test fit to be done. I'm getting ready to put the addco on my new supra. So I figure now is the time. I wonder if this will make the install any more/less dificult?

Will

·
Registered
914 Posts
First off, I do realise how old this thread is, but it's the only relevant one I could find.

I'm having to fit a new (Whiteline) rear swaybar and the mountings on the control arms are badly corroded. So does anyone have a pair of the uprated mounts lying around they could part with, or does anyone have any good photos of them so I could make my own?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts