Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

10141 - 10160 of 10179 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Well, I finally got the console back together with the new stereo installed so we took our 83 out for a spin.
83 at Jimy Macs 1.jpg
Now to get the air conditioning running at 100%!

Dale

·
Super Moderator
10,292 Posts
Nice! Dale, bring it to Run of the Ogopogo! Its Aug 8th to 11th in Vernon, I can forward you to the group for it if you are interested. Its a fantastic meet!

Also, the All Japanese Classic at the end of August in North Van for a great 1 day classic JTin show, the best north of LA!

I forget, whats the story on your hatch, aren't you missing some decals?

·
Registered
888 Posts
Nice! Dale, bring it to Run of the Ogopogo! Its Aug 8th to 11th in Vernon, I can forward you to the group for it if you are interested. Its a fantastic meet!

Also, the All Japanese Classic at the end of August in North Van for a great 1 day classic JTin show, the best north of LA!

I forget, whats the story on your hatch, aren't you missing some decals?
Hi Seamus,

The timing for the Ogopogo doesn't work, but the JTin show is a possibility. It also gives me some time to clean up at least one of the cars.

I removed several external pieces to go for a cleaner look. I took the hatch decals off within a month of buying my car. I planned on keeping the car a long time and figured that the large 'Supra' decal would stop the paint from fading underneath. I felt that eventually any decal would degrade and when it came off there would be an obvious difference in colour.

I'm somewhat sorry that I did that. Perhaps I should have bought the replacement decals in 1983 when they were still available. However, I do like the cleaner look.

Perhaps someday someone may reproduce the Canadian 1982/3 decals. IIRC, the large decal on the right said 'Toyota Celica Supra' and a smaller decal on the left side of the deck read GTS.

Pic courtesy of speed racer
https://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?81162-Patricks-83-Celica-Supra-GTS-build&highlight=winnipeg
I don't think that I have any pictures of the rear of my car from 1983.

In Canada, this was the original factory decal layout.

I have the front grill 'Toyota' logo removed, although I still have that. I may reinstall this now that the topic is coming up.

Dale

·
Super Moderator
10,292 Posts
I felt that eventually any decal would degrade and when it came off there would be an obvious difference in colour.
Well, you weren't wrong. Though considering how little sun your car sees, they may have lasted fairly well up to this point. Clean is nice too, I had just forgotten that you didn't have any decals. Hey, its probably been well over 10 years since I saw your car last ;)

So yeah, bring it to AJC...
http://www.alljapaneseclassic.com/

You can register via the Store, otherwise the details are mostly on FB now (which it will link you to).

·
Registered
13,030 Posts
3" to the back!

...from the rear:

Video (quick revs from idle):
[video]https://i.imgur.com/rtQxWLr.mp4[/video]

Cheapy 3" Mk3 exhaust, needed the hangers lopped off, cat welded inline, one 12mm pie-cut on the secondary pipe, and two pie-cuts on the section that goes into the muffler. Weld back on the hangers and bob's your uncle... (Way too much time spent, highly suggest just buying one that fits the mk2 instead.)

--billyM

·
Registered
13,030 Posts
Is that the 2J car? Sounds good and deep.
Yes sir, 2jz-gte vvti, CXracing downpipe (unmodified) to their MK3 exhaust with a 3" magnaflow catalytic converter and cheap magnaflow style 3" in/out muffler... Much better than the super stealth exhaust I had on there.

·
Super Moderator
10,292 Posts
Ha, shoulda got the SC300 if you wanted a Supra! Still would just be a Soarer though ;)

Very nice, I've been trying hard to resist getting one of these myself right now.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
I pretty much paid for the stack of maintenance receipts from early July. Guy just had all the seals redone, timing, fuel system gone through. 148k mi and clean interior. Yeah, I'll take it.

It's almost comical how much nicer it is than what I'm used to haha.

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
I got him to knock $500 for a grand total of $2750.
It's a 1992, no VVTi but all forged internals and heavy duty rods, prime time for Lexus.

·
Premium Member
5,539 Posts
Nice score!

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Coming along nicely.

Now that I have the SC400 I really appreciate the Supra even more. It's a nice looking car with a naturally good stance, but it doesn't even compare to the 82.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Mirai (Future) Hydrogen Cell Toyota

I took this picture here in San Diego back in February. It is a Hydrogen Fuel Cell car called Mirai which translates to Future. Time will tell if it's true. Decent looking body style.

MSRP: From $58,500
MPGe: 66 city / 66 highway
Fuel tank capacity: 32.3 gal
Horsepower: 151 hp
Dimensions: 193″ L x 72″ W x 61″ H
Curb weight: 4,075 lbs

20190207_065744.jpg 20190207_065738.jpg

·
Premium Member
723 Posts
Hope that's real TBH, I've been looking toward hydrogen cars for a long time. Hydrolosis is an easy process that effectively "makes" hydrogen on demand.

·
Registered
301 Posts
10141 - 10160 of 10179 Posts