Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

10181 - 10200 of 10217 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,935 Posts
In my state,lawn care and tree services are allowed. I have a very large oak tree in my front yard that needs attention.
Small branches come down in every wind storm.Parts are dead and will fall down.

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
Dangit another tree incident? We just had one of those recently in another thread...
Yep, roof is dented pretty good, getting an estimate tomorrow. My 85 was barely touched, but then again she already got hit by a tree during hurricane Irma. 😟

·
Premium Member
5,935 Posts
My roof was crushed badly when my canopy came down.$1,300 to repair. I'm surprised Geico didn't total it! They did a PERFECT job.(y)The upper half was sprayed and clear coated w/pinstripes. I should have offered to pay more to shoot the hatch. Oh,well. IT happens. It was crushed so badly that I had to slouch down to drive it.
The tree damaged the roof,hood and fender,Tanya?Drivers door OK?

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
My roof was crushed badly when my canopy came down.$1,300 to repair. I'm surprised Geico didn't total it! They did a PERFECT job.(y)The upper half was sprayed and clear coated w/pinstripes. I should have offered to pay more to shoot the hatch. Oh,well. IT happens. It was crushed so badly that I had to slouch down to drive it.
The tree damaged the roof,hood and fender,Tanya?Drivers door OK?
Oh this is definitely not that bad. It just ruined the line where the roof slopes above the window. Front fender is dented a little too

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
Damn......you need to move to a place that doesn't have trees, Tanya!

Hope you get things squared away with it.

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
I saw this coming at my place. So I cut a 30+ ft hickory down because it was dead and was just a matter of time. 50ish trees on my 1 acre and the dead one was closest to the driveway. Hopefully its not too bad

·
Premium Member
5,935 Posts
It's the tropical storms that hits Florida every year!

No trees,no hurricanes or tornadoes OR earthquakes?
Floods? Pick a state.
Drought? Snow storms?
We all have to deal with insane weather.

·
POTATO
17,252 Posts
This tree showed no signs of being dead, or even any indication that it would fall over in 20 mile an hour winds. Best guess is that it had root rot. this is the same tree that withstood The winds of hurricane Irma at somewhere around 130 miles an hour 🤷

·
Premium Member
4,036 Posts
We had a 65' cottonwood tree in the back that had to be removed. It was pretty dead, dropping branches like crazy, and the roofers wouldn't redo the roof until we had it cut down.

And that meant we had to pull two fence panels on the side of the house so they could get their truck in the back, otherwise the tree guys would have had to climb the tree to dismantle it, and that would have doubled the price.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Looking good but I'd recommend some new rubber seeing as you still have Kumho Ecsta Supras on there and they are ancient. Don't want to be another sad case of old tire failure wrecking a car.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,935 Posts
That is Agatha. David knows that those tires are OLD.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
That is Agatha. David knows that those tires are OLD.
I know the car. I'm old, check my join date lol

Had a friend total their mint mk2 last year and it was at least partly due to old tires. There have been many unfortunate incidents involving old tires that still "looked" new or ok but weren't. Hagerty has even published articles warning owners. Point is, I'd hate for it to happen anybody with any collector car, but especially not another member of the Toyota community :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
greg, a caption of your location onn the globe please

it's very dark in your area to be able to take such pics of stars.

10181 - 10200 of 10217 Posts