Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how difficult would it be to install plexiglas windows in the rear quarters and hatch?

im thinking i could save a few pounds, and also make it a lot harder to break through the hatch.
i value my possessions, and i figure itd be well worth the expense of a sheet of plexi to come back to the car after someone had tried to break a hatch made from it.

might find a dent and some scratches, but that would be about it.

and of course, i might have to illegally replace my door windows with plexi too... depending how hard the other ones are to bend/install.

· Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
defrost isnt an issue for me, since i dont plan for this car to see winter anyways.

the hatch "glass" doesnt really need a curvature... IF you can get it mount ed, itll curve all on its own.

still thinking about this, but too many other things on the go... turbo, wheels, brakes... lol, you know, important things.

and yeah, my area sucks, had two vehicles broken into in two years.

· Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jig saws are great on plexi as long as you remember two things... put about 5 layers of masking tape down on the path your gonna follow with the saw, and use the right blade.

cuts like buttah baby, like buttah

· Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
yeah, but thats a case of using the proper material for the project

you dont use gold for underwear, so why the hell would you use plexi for fenders, lol.
apples to snow tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.