Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Announced today on SupraForums, Centralia (WA) Sat May 14 (Tejon/SidewaysSupra coordinating),
"Figured since no one has set a date and people on other forums asking when let's do May 14th. It's a Saturday, weather should be great and let's have a good meet this year to start it off. I don't remember times but I know people from the north and south like to come to visit so let's start meet at 11a.m. Should help avoid any traffic and not to early for those who enjoy their sleep."

This is an HOUR earlier than the last few Centralia meets, so I'm guessing 10AM caravan from Tacoma (56th St Park & Ride, SW corner), similar for the Portland/'Couve caravan (Battle Ground Rest Stop).

Background: This event has happened since the late-1990s! I've gone since 2006. It used to be in March and we froze our asses off in the rain (like today's weather) so it shifted to late April or May about 5 years ago. This is a get together of the folks from Portland and Seattle (and sometimes Yakima Valley) to show off winter projects, or show you didn't do anything over the winter. OK to show up without a Supra if still in the garage. This is a get together more than a car show (but you should at least wash the car). OK to show up without a Supra. It used to be 2/3 MK IVs, lately about equal between the generations. Factory Outlet just east of I-5, next to Van Heusen. FREE

PNW Supra Nationals. July 8-10, 2016 [not July 10-12 as originally posted], South Puget Sound. Last year was in Vancouver BC (er, Abbottsford). Shay and Tejon are coordinating it. $30 (plus dyno or drag fees if you participate). There is a block of hotel rooms in Puyallup for non-locals. Annual event, going on for at least 15 years.

Friday - Drag at Bremerton (~$5 return toll on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge, plus entry fee)
Saturday - Dyno in Tacoma, then cruise (Mt Rainier? or electric Go-Karts?)
Sunday - Show and Shine - South Hill Puyallup

Details:
https://www.facebook.com/events/491330341055247/ or
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?964866-2016-PacificNW-Nationals-in-Seattle!!!

I hope to see some of the new Seattle and Portland (and Spokane, Vancouver....) folks.

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
This place? http://centraliafactoryoutlet.com/maps/
Exit#82.
1301 Lum Road,Centralia WA. 98531?
Not Papa Pete's this time?

North caravan at Northgate shopping center 10AM?Express lanes will be open,I hope.
[URL=http://s514.photobucket.com/user/ddd228/media/temporary_27.jpg.html][/URL]
By Red Robinhttp://www.bing.com/local?lid=YN926x15829314&id=YN926x15829314&q=Northgate+Mall+Seattle+WA&name=Northgate+Mall&cp=47.70619~-122.3264 Exit #173
PM me for my cell#.
I don't have Brian's,Lake Stevens.Yes,I do.

When will the Sultan Bakery run be?
[URL=http://s514.photobucket.com/user/ddd228/media/temporary_zps5dvpwfav.jpg.html][/URL]

·
Registered
861 Posts
I SEE MY CAR!

Ok, now that I got that out of my system.... Let's make a couple changes, my friends.

Rich, You've got Nationals listed as July 10-12. I believe you were looking at a June calendar. July 8-10 are the dates for 2016 Nationals. Everything else looks great! And, I can't wait to attend this years festivities!

Dave, Since the Centralia meet has been moved to 11:00 am, I believe the Tacoma caravan will be leaving at roughly 10:00, which means we need to leave Northgate at (or around) 0900. I know you like your beauty sleep in the mornings, but that's the breaks kid!

+1 for the Sultan run! I do love me some Sultan Bakery. 2016 is going to be a great year for Supras!

Looking forward to seeing you all, soon!

-Brian

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Brian, lets start making pans for Sultan ...I liked how last years worked out, would you be willing to host if I worked out some other details? Im thinking a date in mid august to slot between pacnw and vegas...Ill check the local calendars for the least conflicting dates....

·
Registered
13 Posts
This sounds like a fun event. If I can get my ride squared away by then, I'd like to try and join. Anyone know of a decent shop in the south sound area that knows the MKII's? Currently have the 5mge, but could be open to an engine upgrade...

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The one shop in the Puget Sound area that knows the closed its doors 2 years ago (RC). Engine swap, except for 6MGE, you are looking at months and lots of money. Only place I'd recommend is Ischii's in Bellevue (by Whole Foods) - Steve Ischii himself would have to get involved as they normally do more modern stuff. Or meet up with some of the experienced forum members here and brainstorm a way ahead.

Guess I need to update the original post on Supra Nationals dates, July 8-10. Guess I had Dave-itis (ddd228), LOL.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Brian, lets start making pans for Sultan ...I liked how last years worked out, would you be willing to host if I worked out some other details? Im thinking a date in mid august to slot between pacnw and vegas...Ill check the local calendars for the least conflicting dates....
I'm totally down for some Sultan Bakery. I love that meet! However, here's the issue....

My house is up for sale (I rent) and I don't know how long I have to live there. I'll get a 30 day notice when it sells. When that happens, I'm moving and I have NO idea when that will be. It's been on the market for a month, and so far, no bites. So, the after-meet may or may not happen at my place. But, With Area 51 back up and running in a limited fashion, Junkie might be able to be persuaded if I'm no longer living there.

I know it sucks for planning, but it's really out of my control. I'll do what I can though.

If we plan the Sultan run in April, I'm guaranteed to still be in my house and I'd love to host the after party. After that, it's anyone's guess.

-Brian

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
I will approach Shawn this weekend.

·
POTATO
17,224 Posts
Thought I should mention there is a "slight" glimmer of hope that I will be attending the PacNW Nats this year, without a Supra. It is my intention to use the fireworks money we usually generate to vacation up there for a week, both Larry and myself, but of course it really depends on where we are financially at the time so. 50/50 chance.

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
That a lotta meets! Pick a few. Not in order.

Last year's Sultan Bakery Run. WA. was in August.On a Saturday or Sunday? Nice weather!
Tanya drove Brian's car.

April 23rd is almost a full moon.(GREAT for night driving)
April 28-May first is 2016 Hwy129 "Tail of the Dragon"N.C.
June 20th is the longest day of the year.
July 8-10 is PNW Supra Nationals. WA :salute:

May 14 PNW Events - Centralia,[email protected] 11AYEM.
May 28 May all Toyota meet Chesapeake, VA : M.A.Y.

June and July? Vintage Class Old School Meet.GA.http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?96009-Vintage-Class-Old-School-Meet-3rd-Sunday-of-every-month-1pm-Dunwoody-GA

August 29th is almost a full moon.
September 22-25 is S.I.V.Nevada
October weather in California is NICE.
October 15(?) NE Meet @ Damon’s Toy Shop,PA.
What did I miss?:eek:

·
Miserable
702 Posts
April 24 sunday for fun run? sorry for late replay been working on stuff.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I like this idea! As of April 24, I'm still in my house and can host the after party! Chips, dips, cold drinks. I won't have the MKIII ready by then, but that's the breaks. It's not the one I want to drive anyways!

I'll put my +1 in for this day, but I'm pretty open to anything.

-Brian

·
Miserable
702 Posts
thanks Brian, I will take you up on your awesome offer. I'll be taking the Celica on this one, the supra is still down and I just got the Celica working like it should be. ( thanks Markie)

so lets do this, I wont be in the states for Centralia meet, so some of you know the back roads in the area of Centralia. if you want a fun run after the meet.

thread up...

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
This sounds like a fun event. If I can get my ride squared away by then, I'd like to try and join. Anyone know of a decent shop in the south sound area that knows the MKII's? Currently have the 5mge, but could be open to an engine upgrade...
The 5MGE is fine. Just do some bolt-ons. Get the engine DONE and have some fun.
Go with Rich's suggestion. Just open your wallet and say YES.
We all all hope to see you soon.
Make it purdy and reliable.

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still the 14th? 9 am Tacoma, 10 centralia?
Very excited to learn more and hear peoples stories, cant wait!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts