Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok all,

Im throwing this out there to see who is willing to show. This will probably be the last meet that I have until the weather changes.

Since most of you will be out having thaksgiving with your families on thanksgiving day I said to myself.... " Hell, We up here in the PNW are like a family too so why not have our own thansgiving. saying that, I want to put on a Thanksgiving meet here at my place.

Looking at Saturday the 28 November 2009
Time: 1100 oclock until you all decide that you want to leave
Place: 4518 20th Way NE Olympia, WA 98516
Food: Bring whatever you wish (Tasteful) as this is like a Potluck get together.
Beer: BYOB but have someone that will drive you home or sober up before you leave.

I think this will be the First Thanksgiving Meet for our Family here in the PNW. So I need to know who will be able to make it and if you can bring something.

Robert

1. Supraguy31............... Deep Frying a Turkey, Maybe 2 if needed
2. Upgradedsupra
3. Gottakeepon.............. Apple and Pumkin Pie
4. 83CelWA................... Another Turkey as we will bake this one
5. CarFreek .................. Potatos or Veggies
6. 86SupraFan............... green bean casserole
7. Jess......................... Side Salad
8. ra24man................... Plates and forks
9. Dodgeboy79..............

LATEST UPDATE ON PAGE 5

·
Registered
118 Posts
I will show up, sounds like fun. I can bring cooked food, but, not sure if it will be allowed across the border, so, they may get to eat it. lol

Tell me what I can bring (snacks etc..) and maybe I buy something when I get close to your place. I will exchange food with someone. :)

Duane

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I'll be there, hopefully with a finished car. Will be nice to actually meet you Robert. It gives me a date to shoot for having my car finished.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Will talk to the wife about it, it is usually not hard to talk her in to coming down with me to visit you guys:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be there, hopefully with a finished car. Will be nice to actually meet you Robert. It gives me a date to shoot for having my car finished.
Would be nice to put a face with a Name also. If your car is finished by that time bring it up, If its not, Come on up anyways...

Just let me know if you can bring anything and I will put it on the First Post. Turkeys, I got that covered.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
I'll bring two pies. How's that sound? Pumpkin and apple I guess. Homemade.

·
Premium Member
6,112 Posts
Sweet-Put us down. We will bring a side dish, potatoes or veggies.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I'll talk to the wife. I can more than likely make it ... she usualy has to work sat. evenings.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Wife said the family is coming down:thumbsup:, still have not figured out what to bring though.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Whenever you figure out what you want to bring, just post it up and I will put it on the first post.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
count me out this year....the million hour drive is just a little to much for me this time..LOL! have fun guys.
HAHAHA...
You know that you and your family are welcome any time for the Year.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I work nights that weekend. 7pm until 7am fri sat sun. if Maddy and i show it wont be for long, and I'm not driving....

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I wanna come and get fat. But it's just too far. Maybe next time. Freaking NW, always having a get together. I'm so jealous.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hell, Come one come all if you all can make it. Not for sure if you all have ever had Deep Fried Turkey but Its some good Food.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Post Thanksgiving Feast II

Totally cool Robert! Thanksgiving Day is Thursday the 26th, so your party is two days after, when all the good little consumers are busy X-Mas shopping at the mall. I will not be a good little consumer this year, so ... I wanna come party at your pad! After two days, my stretched-out tummy should be hungry again and ready for Feast II !

Two years ago, a friend bought me a big turkey deep fryer for X-Mas, and I put on Thanksgiving for the family, and we had deep fried turkey for the first time. It was SOOOOO good! It locks in all the flavor and moisture, and was the best turkey I ever ate, and the whole family (used to traditional baked) just raved and raved. Those of you that can make it are in for a treat!

I will bring mixed nuts to munch on before dinner, and my grandma's famous green bean casserole to go with the main meal (baked with the deep fried onions on top -- it's the shizzle!).

Thanks Robert!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Robert, this sounds like a great idea! I can bring whatever for food, maybe a side salad dish and a veggie plate? Just let me know if you need anything else. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again!

1 - 20 of 154 Posts