Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
POS 85 supra, 03 Impreza shitbox edition
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got a bit of a weird one, my headlights go up and down like they're supposed to, high and low beam works just fine, but for some reason the headlights are never able to turn off. The lights will retract and keep shining light. The guy i bought it from said it was an issue with the relay or something but i'm thinking it might just be a broken switch stuck on. I did some digging for past threads on the issue but not a whole lot regarding my specific issue came up. thoughts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
hey! i had an issue with my headlights on my celica gts. idk if it’s the same on the supra, but the pop up and the light circuits are totally separate. sounds like a bad switch to me, or a short circuit.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey! i had an issue with my headlights on my celica gts. idk if it’s the same on the supra, but the pop up and the light circuits are totally separate. sounds like a bad switch to me, or a short circuit.
Thats what im thinking, gonna tear apart the steering column and see if its the light switch

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Update: was the relay box in the driver side rear fender behind the driver seat. diode was blown took it to an appliance repair place and the dude re-soldered the circuit board and it worked like new. temporary fix was removing the headlight relay in the engine bay and jumping the pins with a wire. same problem with the interior lights not working, relay box was corroded since the rust ate away the wheel well and water was getting in

·
Super Moderator
7,767 Posts
So that LIGHT RETAINER RELAY was keeping the HEADLIGHT RELAY energize? That was not an obvious find!
Triangle Slope Font Parallel Auto part

Font Rectangle Parallel Number Circle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts