Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. My friend and I are starting up our own business and we want to directly communicate with our customers.

we will be specializing in carbon fiber oem replacement part for our supras. we are very fresh and just starting out we call ourselves "Final Drive". it is just me and my friend so production will be slow at first while we start to create molds for our products but we want to know what everyone would be looking forward to have. if you wouldnt mind, please comment and let us know what you would like to have in carbon fiber so we can do our best to find parts to make molds of them. right now we are in the works of making a mold for our timing covers....

keep in mind we wont begin production until we have made perfect molds..this is simply to get our product line in order. so fire away lets give this a try.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also i do not always log onto the forums but i do check email everyday. so if you need a faster response for any inquiries, please email [email protected] my name is Roy located in the east bay california

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
header panel
sunroof
hood
hatch
fenders :)
A DASH!!!!!!
head light covers!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahh thank you so much for such a quick response!! alright i will make note of this, and just to clarify when you say header panel you mean a header heat shield yes? for aftermartket or oem? cause we can do oem np i am certain.and fenders meaning full front fenders? or the flares? we are also have headlight covers we are working on molds this week and should be ordering our composites withing the next few days. i will keep you posted.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Header panel meaning: the body part of the front in between the headlights/hood and front bumper cover, which always usually gets ruined in a front end accident. The front Supra emblem is placed in the middle of it.

Good luck with your new endeavor, and I wish you success!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think that a lot of guys here would be interesting in CF sunroof and hood
If sunroof will be for a decent price - i am in)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
As far as a starter piece, the Sunroof is the way to go. For one, it is fairly simple in design and besides hatches is the piece that most have some sort of rust issue on. Once you guys master that, then on to more difficult challenges.

·
Registered
464 Posts
you could do the rock guards on the front of the rear fenders. or the plastic piece behind the front window.

·
Registered
102 Posts
mki hood? and mk1 sun roof yeah!

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
You been on here long enough to know what us members are looking for in c/f/fiberglass. Im sure you are also aware of how many have posted similar threads and then dissapeared. Even the ones who had some success with a finished product vanished. Not sure if its a government conspiracy or they are getting abducted by aliens or something but I figured I'd warn ya.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thank you all for to the point and honest answers. in terms or the people who have done it before and stopped for one reason or another, i have took that into account and this will all be determined on how well business goes. as for the demand, i thought it would be fair to ask perhaps there was something we had overlooked or perhaps peoples tastes had changed, nevertheless i am glad to know what people are interested in.

work will begin soon and updates will follow but as many of you know the process is not the easiest and it will take several attempts so though it may seem as though nothng has happened in a while we will have updates as we progress. thanks again everyone

·
Registered
514 Posts
Carbon Mudd Flaps!!

Hey, good luck on your venture. I'm wishing you success, and keep us posted on the molds you have in progress.

I'm seriously interested in a CF sun roof, headlight covers (vented), center panel, and hood.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Hood w/ or w/o scoop, and rear hatch. Anything else that will cut down on weight. That's the only reason why I would get it. And headlight covers with vent like the ones available for the MK3's.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts