Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
13,049 Posts
Blacksupra.... I fucking LOVE YOU MAN!

I have been tossing around ideas on getting some camber on my stock-height mk2 for a long time. Problem is, I am in stock class and want to stay there, so camberplates are out of the question. I thought of looking for those offcenter bolts, but never got around to measuring it, plus the idea of weakening my suspension system didn't thrill me too much. I also thought of getting some custom stock-looking strut-tops, but that was going to cost money, something that is short these days.

Question: Has anyone actually done this? Are there any hang-ups, or is everything pretty straightforeward?

--BillyM
Viva La Autox!

· Registered
13,049 Posts
Who is this that is "unwanting" their negative camber? Silly sunday drivers. Get out to the track and race your car around, enjoy that neg. camber....

Black, I think he is referring to the strut itself, not the strut assembly. When speaking of the strut assembly, say strut assembly, because strut is the thingey that slides down inside it (atleast to most people).

--BillyM

· Registered
13,049 Posts
Cant drop the car, need to stay in stock regulations.

...and how would celica strut assemblies help 2-3" dropped cars? I was under the impression that the dropped cars would have more neg. camber than they knew what to do with... Celica assemblies would add another -2 deg camber.

No hostility here, and certainly no lowering.

Searching for some negative front camber,
--BillyM

· Registered
13,049 Posts
SupraFiend said:
I'm guessing switching the strut housing would be against Stock guidelines though. I was reading up on the Solo Stock class myself today and they specificly say that any adjustment of alignment settings with stock alignment adjustablity is fine but any modifications to get settings beyond those extents is forbidden.
But our cars are still, in fact, Celicas. You may use any part optional on the Celica, be it CelicaGT or CelicaSupra strut housings. If you asked around, you could have ordered a Supra with the GT front suspension. Atleast that's my take on it. Plus, I'm the only CelicaSupra in my region, so noone will know. Even if they think something is funky, who will be able to prove it? *Sneaks to top of g-stock* "MWAHAHAHA"

BTW: Don, we're speaking of using the ra60 celica strut assemblies on our mk2's.

I was only 0.6 sec away from a brand new CivicSi (semi experienced driver) on hoosiers. I think struts would have given me 0.6, and hoosiers would give me 2 seconds buffer time, incase anyone wanted to get cheeky with me. And with that -2deg camber... WATCHOUT!

· Registered
13,049 Posts
BlackSupra said:
im getting some ma61 shocks delivered to my local repco joint - just so i can try fitting them into the ra60 struts
The love is right here :D

Sorry boys i thought it was obvious!!! :oops:

Take the strut assembly from an RA60 celica and fit the MA61 strut inside the housing. Its the strut that gains the extra negative camber.
It isnt the strut that has anything to do with the camber, struts are all straight up and down. It is the fact that the ra60 kingpin is further out and angled up more than the ma60 because the ra60 lower control arm is shorter, or the mount to the frame is positioned further back than the ma60.

--BillyM

· Registered
13,049 Posts
I dont run for points, therfore, to hell with anyone at the autox that wants to shit on my parade. They can toss me in whatever class they want, but I think its fair since my car has no stock camber adjustment. Nothing else changes, just the same as getting a race-prepped alignment done.

After that camber, new struts, and possibly tires, I will most likely be faster than anyone else in gstock, and will need to move up to the next level to test my skills anyways.

To hell with rules...

--BillyM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.