Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
1,954 Posts
Hey guys, where's the love ?

I'm trying to understand this thread on MA60 strut housings on a MA61 car, or vice versa. I think it's great to have an option of switching parts with another car, getting some alignment mod out of it. Those who are at stock ht and want some neg camber, this is pretty simple, swap in the MA60 assembly. If you autox and want to be in stock class, not legal. Go Street-prepared and its fine. But honestly, a set of camber plates will give you adjustability and more camber than you can use. Anyone who drops a MA60 enough to need the camber correction of installing a MA61 assembly, well, they will have much other problems like tire rub. Bump steer. Eibachs don't cause much neg camber. Really, 1.5 to 2 degrees neg camber on the street is pretty tolerable, if you can get it. The round rubber gets hard pretty fast anyway, good excuse to go buy a new set :)

Also, the RCAs are not legal for my use in SCCA Solo2 Street-Prepared.
With camber plates, my lowered susp is not fine with camber. The RCAs were only for bump steer correction and just a fun project for me to try and share with friends. RCAs do nothing for camber. Jim King hopefully will have some more info on the RCA subject.

Don L.

· Premium Member
1,954 Posts
Hi BillyM:

Yes, the MA60 strut assembly in the Mk2 will dramatically improve your autox times ! Getting 1-2 degrees more neg. camber than stock is significant. If it fits, and strut inserts work well, plus Hoosiers, I'm guessing at least 1.5 secs, maybe 2 secs faster.

Downside is you could be a victim of your own success. If it is SCCA, the MK2 Supra is a G-stock car, Celica is H-stock. In Street-prepared Supra is DSP, Celica is FSP. Interchanging parts would be against the rules, but like you said, maybe others won't notice. At some point, though, someone might. Street-touring might be a better class, allows lots of susp mods, restricts to street (not r-type) tires to save money.

Have fun.

Don L.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.